Author Topic: Multis locked in EC  (Read 12855 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Multis locked in EC
« Reply #30: May 12, 2013, 01:59:47 PM »
"I'm innocent!"

"But lock me up anyway."

Kaltenthal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: May 12, 2013, 02:30:14 PM »
I assume because of the mail that he got from you?!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: May 12, 2013, 02:38:22 PM »
Prosecution: "We have strong evidence that you stole the Queen's tarts. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Defendant: "I never stole any tarts. Let me go! I'm very upset at this treatment! I'm a very important person, you know!"

Prosecution: "We have a witness who saw you take the Queen's tarts. We also have your fingerprints on the windowsill where they were drying, and your DNA on the half-tart that was left."

Defendant: "I'm telling you, I didn't steal anything. I don't know about any witnesses or fingerprints or DNA. I'm an upstanding member of the community!"

...So, in the situation above, Kaltenthal, would you let the defendant go?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: May 12, 2013, 02:43:46 PM »
I was talking with him OOC because I was thinking of moving Nideus to OI and I wanted to know how the realm was (active? fun?) from a perspective of a player wanting to move to fun realms.

But when I was going to reply on my phone I accidentally gave him a trust medal instead. You really shouldn't write on your phone but it happend. Then I looked on his player page to see how many trust medals he had now when he got one from me too. Six I think. Then I noticed his account had been locked.

I couldn't believe someone so trusted (having 5 medals before mine, being ruler of a realm and so on) turned out to be a multicheater :(
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Chaotrance13

« Reply #34: May 12, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »
I was talking with him OOC because I was thinking of moving Nideus to OI and I wanted to know how the realm was (active? fun?) from a perspective of a player wanting to move to fun realms.

But when I was going to reply on my phone I accidentally gave him a trust medal instead. You really shouldn't write on your phone but it happend. Then I looked on his player page to see how many trust medals he had now when he got one from me too. Six I think. Then I noticed his account had been locked.

I couldn't believe someone so trusted (having 5 medals before mine, being ruler of a realm and so on) turned out to be a multicheater :(

He could have self-awarded those medals with the multis, though. Maybe not, but it's a possibility.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: May 12, 2013, 03:43:58 PM »
He could have self-awarded those medals with the multis, though. Maybe not, but it's a possibility.

But I do believe that you need some medals to give medals so he had to have gotten som honest medals somewhere.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: May 12, 2013, 03:45:36 PM »
Just goes to show multis can mess things up. Now Westmoor is in a 2 v 1 war.
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: May 12, 2013, 04:55:29 PM »
@ Kaltenthal: we don't tell people that we won't unlock them no matter what. We tell them that the explanation they gave doesn't match the facts, and that if they can give a real explanation that *does* match the facts, then they may be unlocked. (So long as the explanation isn't "yeah, I was running 8 accounts".) In fact, I think Anaris unlocked two of the accounts yesterday, after the players involved gave an explanation that actually matched the data.

We don't enjoy locking multis. But we also don't enjoy having multis in the game, or the consequences to the game from having them, or the aftermath of their being cleaned out.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: May 13, 2013, 01:38:44 AM »
Everything that needs to be said has been said. Anyone who's account has been locked has been given information on how to argue their case, and present their own side and evidence. This thread has served its purpose, and is closed. General discussion on the topic is welcome, in a new thread.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.