Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 2226 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2
« Topic Start: March 14, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »
I pretty much enjoyed it, though haven't played it lately. There can be 'dead' moments in the game which is very frustrating (No opponents, waiting for territory to switch while there is no opposition etc.). And sometimes there are so many players playing that you are just jumping into the grinder (Oh god, The Crown). I found it difficult at times to find the right hotspots of action which just adds up to the amount of dead moments where you just run around aimlessly or have 1v1's. You get better at it as you go though. That said, if you do hit that sweet spot, you can have an awesome offence / defence game trying to take out / keep up the shields and capture / defend territory. It's not just one spot you need to capture, there's lots of smaller targets you can go for as well in each area, which makes it a lot of fun.

It's a lot of dying in the beginning, but you'll get better at it and figure out how to handle pesky Infiltrators. I was very bad my first day as well like this, but I got the hang of it pretty quick afterwards and saw a big jump in how I did in a few days. So give it a few days and you'll find yourself being a lot more useful then just a meatshield (Which will also help with your Cert gathering). I can still die very easy now, but it's offset with the fact I can as easily have a killstreak ongoing if things go right.

I play a Vanu Heavy Assault and swear by the class. I unlocked a better gun and it's very versatile and can be used on various different ranges. With the accuracy boost, I can even take care of snipers if they aren't too far away, especially if they aren't aiming at me, making them a whole lot less frustrating. I'm a strong force on close-range as well with my Shields and Shield Boost ability. I wouldn't want to play the other classes, they feel very flimsy to me (even the MAX units, while very tough, are just very slow). Cloaked Infiltrators are amusingly easy to spot once you know what to look for, so they can only use it when you're distracted to sneak past you (I got a heat sensor add-on on my gun, making everyone white and allowing me to see cloaked Infiltrators, which is absolutely fantastic, especially during the night) Don't forget to spam the Spot button, it lets you find people as well.

For the Certs: I totally agree with that one though. While I got a fully upgraded gun, I'm nowhere near upgraded with the rest, and I only managed that through a double-exp weekend. It's a bore to grind, and I can't even think about unlocking the 1000 cert guns. You can, however, test most guns for I think an hour or so. Had a lot of fun temporarily unlocking my aircraft-locking rocket launcher without paying anything for it. But yes, it gets very boring very quick to gather them. And it gets same old same old. I stopped playing it as I had no friends playing it, and I just didn't feel like having long play sessions as it can take a while to find a good spot to get fighting.