Author Topic: Two nobles on the same continent.  (Read 2110 times)

Karlaek

• Knight
    • View Profile
Two nobles on the same continent.
« Topic Start: March 14, 2013, 08:56:16 PM »
If you get information via messages from one realm, are you allowed to share that information from your noble on a second realm?  Is this considered cheating or abusive?  I haven't yet as it seems unsportsmanlike, but I was just wondering if there are any rules on things like this.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Two nobles on the same continent.
« Reply #1: March 14, 2013, 09:21:09 PM »
The rule is that you're allowed to share IC whatever information you, the player, know.

However, it's generally considered poor etiquette to simply instantly have Character A know stuff that Character B learns without any in-game communication channel open between them.

If you have Character B send Character A a letter with the information, Character A can share it however he likes.

If you roleplay Character A getting the information through the family grapevine in some reasonable manner, that's also pretty much fine.

There are, of course, some people who feel that there's no problem sharing whatever information with no explicit IC justification—and those who feel that sharing any information between your characters is a no-no.

And, naturally, if the information being shared is sensitive and will result in Character B's realm being at a disadvantage, you run all the normal risks of spying.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Karlaek

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Two nobles on the same continent.
« Reply #2: March 14, 2013, 09:34:53 PM »
Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply!