Author Topic: Duchal Referendums  (Read 8687 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Duchal Referendums
« Reply #15: April 07, 2011, 03:57:13 AM »
For somewhere like Madina I could see them being very useful.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 07, 2011, 04:53:24 AM »
I can guarantee you that my Duke Character would take advantage of this. It would be a very good addition to the game in my opinion. It is a great way to bring people closer together and gives an opportunity for great RP.

Most likely Dukes will be the only ones starting it, but also it isn't necessary true. It requires very little addition, but adds a lot to the game.

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 07, 2011, 05:11:57 AM »
Perhaps I am misunderstanding the mechanics behind the game text, but doesn't this feature already exist? Two days ago, one of my characters received a referendum notice like this:

The topic is "Topic" and as a noble of City, you are invited to vote on it.

There are 7 participants, the number of nobles in the Duchy minus the Duke himself. That'd be what we consider a duchy referendum, yes?

egamma

« Reply #18: April 09, 2011, 04:51:27 PM »
Perhaps this is only my personal experience, but are custom referendums (not the game generated ones for elections) even used all that much? I know I have perhaps only seen them used perhaps 2 or 3 times tops in the 3 years I've been playing. But again, maybe this is only my own experience. Based on this, I don't really see Ducal Referendums ever being used much.

Right now in Giblot we have 6 referendums running--we're remaking/reaffirming the constitution and realm laws and election system.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 09, 2011, 09:51:52 PM »
Right now in Giblot we have 6 referendums running--we're remaking/reaffirming the constitution and realm laws and election system.

Then I suppose it's just me, then! Bring on the referendums!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 12, 2011, 01:13:42 AM »
I've always advocated for being able to send a referendum to any group available to you on the Messages tab. This includes duchies, guilds, and religions.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 12, 2011, 05:37:22 AM »
I'm not sure what's actually being asked for. Is it literally just a referendum only available to those in a particular duchy? And if so, why was this post ignored?

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the mechanics behind the game text, but doesn't this feature already exist? Two days ago, one of my characters received a referendum notice like this:

The topic is "Topic" and as a noble of City, you are invited to vote on it.

There are 7 participants, the number of nobles in the Duchy minus the Duke himself. That'd be what we consider a duchy referendum, yes?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 12, 2011, 05:41:33 AM »
Mostly because I missed it with the other stuff.

Feature request granted! (grins)

Looks like you can do region/duchy/lords of duchy/realm/lords/dukes.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 12, 2011, 05:53:15 AM »
Well, I more meant why did no one comment on Hyral's post saying the feature already existed.

But yay!

egamma

« Reply #24: April 12, 2011, 06:54:09 AM »
Mod needs a sub forum for "completed" feature requests, to move several of these to.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 12, 2011, 11:08:17 AM »
huray, thanks, and a 'special thanks' from Madina! ;)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog