Author Topic: Age of Wonders 3  (Read 3020 times)

Zakilevo

Age of Wonders 3
« Topic Start: March 15, 2013, 07:57:39 AM »
I just came across this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArVuUQLJiCg

It seems they are going to change mechanics of the game a lot but that is a welcome change in my opinion.

I hope they will release some game play videos soon. :)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Wonders 3
« Reply #1: March 15, 2013, 08:06:58 AM »
Oooh, I'd love to make maps with this  ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 15, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »
This looks pretty interesting, however I've not played AoW before so I'd like to know: how do they mix the class/race? There are quite a few ways I can see it being done, but I'm not too sure if any of them would be easily balanced.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 15, 2013, 07:05:58 PM »
Had no idea this was in the pipeline, nice find! Ageofwonders.com seems to shed a bit of light as to the new mechanics. Looks like there will be stock units depending on the sort of class you pick.

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: March 28, 2013, 07:49:18 AM »
Pre-Alpha game play video.

It looks a bit like Civ 5.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 03, 2013, 04:28:56 AM »
It seems that they preserved the treasure-hunting / questing mechanics.

Heroes are still around. Hopefully they are still mortal. Hopefully you can still channel your spells through them.

Racial-based factions are replaced with class-based factions. So you'll be Merlin the human WIZARD instead of Merlin the HUMAN wizard. I'll miss the old factions but look forward to this innovation.

UI looks like Civ V, which is nice, because I liked Civ V's UI and disliked almost everything else about the game.

Units show up as multiple people on the battle map! Woot! Some of them drop dead when the unit gets wounded! Woot! I always imagined each unit in AoW2 to be composed of multiple people, anyway. It would be weird if a town of 1000 people can only churn out a single infantryman per day.

Conclusion: Want want want.
------
qui audet vincit

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: June 03, 2013, 04:58:13 AM »
the new class based system is definitely more interesting than the old race based system if you ask me. I am sure races will still influence things a bit.

Until the game comes out, I will be playing Eador :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 03, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »
It seems that they preserved the treasure-hunting / questing mechanics.

Heroes are still around. Hopefully they are still mortal. Hopefully you can still channel your spells through them.

Racial-based factions are replaced with class-based factions. So you'll be Merlin the human WIZARD instead of Merlin the HUMAN wizard. I'll miss the old factions but look forward to this innovation.

UI looks like Civ V, which is nice, because I liked Civ V's UI and disliked almost everything else about the game.

Units show up as multiple people on the battle map! Woot! Some of them drop dead when the unit gets wounded! Woot! I always imagined each unit in AoW2 to be composed of multiple people, anyway. It would be weird if a town of 1000 people can only churn out a single infantryman per day.

Conclusion: Want want want.

What are you talking about, Civ5 was the best for AI and diplomacy!  ::)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron