Author Topic: Lightning  (Read 2887 times)

Zakilevo

Lightning
« Topic Start: April 12, 2011, 05:49:52 AM »
I have a quick question, if I remember it right, your ruler used to get hit by a lightning when your realm hasn't gone to a war for a long time. Does that still work? And is there any plan on this thing changing into something else (if it is still there)?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Lightning
« Reply #1: April 12, 2011, 05:53:02 AM »
I though lightning was a Tom only power used in very rare cases. I've never seen a ruler be bolted for not having a war. Wouldn't that be what the too much peace code is for?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 12, 2011, 05:55:05 AM »
I have a quick question, if I remember it right, your ruler used to get hit by a lightning when your realm hasn't gone to a war for a long time. Does that still work? And is there any plan on this thing changing into something else (if it is still there)?

It did happen, once upon a time, in the great EC lightning storm.  I believe too much peace and it's planned successor have taken over this function, but I don't have any particularly good evidence to back that up.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: April 12, 2011, 06:25:01 AM »
Well I hope instead of getting hit by a lightning, realms should just get a lot less incomes. Messages should say something like, 'Too much peace, people are becoming lazy, officers are corrupted and they are busy stealing tax gold.. etc :)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 12, 2011, 06:30:21 AM »
Current too much peace code makes the whole realm get restive, soldiers start deserting, etc.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

egamma

« Reply #5: April 12, 2011, 07:03:43 AM »
I heard that the current code lowers the acceptable tax rate as well.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: April 12, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
Well I hope instead of getting hit by a lightning, realms should just get a lot less incomes.

There is no correlation between lightning and realm war or not. Lightning is GM punishment for whatever you did wrong that bothered me enough to actually do that. It happens very, very rarely, no matter what some people try to tell you (especially those who've been hit by or near lightning always exaggerate). Once a year or so seems about right to me.