Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf XVI: The Shadows of the Underdark  (Read 47073 times)

Fury

In of course.

As for the super sages, unless they have their own objective to win, they will most likely end up joining the winning side. If there are 3 persons left, side A, side B, and Super Sage, he still has to join a side. Unless, make the Super Sage a third side on his own and if he reaches parity then he kills the last person making sure no one alive knows his identity which is how he's survived for so long. ;)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Would you all agree then to making him an independent side whose goal is to stay alive until the end and kill everyone only by lynchings? It's hard, but could be compensated by his superior powers + one day invulnerability. I would be surprised as hell if he won, though. Still, this time there are already three CONFRONTED sides (two baddies and one townies), so take into account that unstability should increase
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:07:06 PM by D'Espana »
D'Espana Family

Fury

Ah I see.

Well, this is how I would do it. The Super Seer is the equalizer. He can only vote to lynch whichever side is winning (has more). This means he can only vote for whoever he has scanned in the past and has confirmed their faction.

Initially he will be voting to lynch the good side but later will be voting to lynch both sides and thin them out. If both sides are equal then he can vote either one.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
If the sage is his own side, he wants to balance the game otherwise if the other teams are too strong when one faction is eliminated, the faction still alive can kill him much easier. Basically, he will want to equalize so the other sides kill each other and he doesn't have much work to do when they are dead.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I don't want to oblige him to vote any specific faction (it'd suck to HAVE TO vote someone only because rules say so), so I'll opt for making the Super-Seer his own faction. Fury has made a good point (he wants to keep the secret of his existence), and that helps me to make the final flavor layout. Do you prefer that he needs to have a final 1v1 to win, or do I grant him some more room and make him powerful enough to kill the last 2? I'd prefer the 1v1, a final round with a bad guy, a townie and him could be very nice ;D
D'Espana Family

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
1v1. Also, if it gets down to 1 baddie of both factions left, who wins?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I think Fury handled that beautifully last game. If Sorcerer vs Ranger the latter wins, if same role the one with most kills wins, in case of draw the one who has killed the member of the other bad faction, and in case they are also in a tie there... heck, then I'd have to blame the equality and throw some dices :o
D'Espana Family

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Perhaps someone can enlighten me about this game? I wasn't around when D started the series. o_O
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Perhaps someone can enlighten me about this game? I wasn't around when D started the series. o_O
this is the beginning of the series.
― G.K. Chesterton

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
this is the beginning of the series.

Super Seer? Where did he come from?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Fury

Super Seer was from one of the Werewolf games - the Angels vs Demons?
Not too fond of dice rolls. There's always something to make it unequal.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
New series, though the game's similar to WW... XIII, was it? The Super-Seer thing was more an experiment than anything, even if one that did not balance the game like I wanted to, and I'm now trying to fine-tune it so it's funnier to have around/play with. The setting is pure D&D, concretely Forgotten Realms.

And I'm also not too fond of dices, but if role, kills and nº of other baddies killed is equal... then what to do? I think I could give different values for killing Rangers, Sorcerers and Paladins (1, 2 and 3 respectively?), though I don't think such a specific situation will be reached. Still, it's not bad to have something previously disposed, just in case.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 09:54:01 PM by D'Espana »
D'Espana Family

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Apart from the D&D stuff, I feel like Captain America.. What new things, roles, rules were added when I was in cryo? Are they going to be in this game?

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
All rules are posted on first page (most important stuff in different colour), as well as roles + explanation. We made some experiments while you were absent, mostly depending on the different setups and most of them coming from Fury. Perhaps the most successful one thus far has been the wounding system, I guess. I'm a little bit skeptical about adding it here, though, it doesn't quite match the setting.
D'Espana Family

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Maybe put some Blessed Trait and spread it around, instead of the wounding system from Fury, hey no hard feeling :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)