Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 129843 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #30: March 22, 2013, 12:13:57 AM »
Haha. Only 3 days I think. :)

And thusly we get militia... :P

*shrugs* at least you have militia. lol

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: March 27, 2013, 08:49:27 AM »
the whole war came extremely untimely, have barley been able to login last week.
finally a cool moment for Melhed and i cant play!
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #32: March 28, 2013, 04:57:51 AM »
the whole war came extremely untimely, have barley been able to login last week.

At least you have the possibility of playing. Because of the fact that you can't unpause someone within an hour of pausing them in case of a mistake, I've got to wait a fricking week.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: March 28, 2013, 05:14:20 AM »
At least you have the possibility of playing. Because of the fact that you can't unpause someone within an hour of pausing them in case of a mistake, I've got to wait a fricking week.

Red will send Bezumo one of those "wish u were here" scribecards from Agyr.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: March 28, 2013, 06:39:41 PM »
You only have to wait a day, maybe two.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #35: March 28, 2013, 06:56:29 PM »
You only have to wait a day, maybe two.

Oh, nonono. It's been at least 4 days by now. If not 5.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: March 28, 2013, 07:45:55 PM »
Oh, nonono. It's been at least 4 days by now. If not 5.
Have you tried to unpause the character lately? I was having the opposite problem where I was constantly unpausing a character I did not want unpaused. (Constantly being every other turn.)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #37: March 28, 2013, 08:03:17 PM »
Have you tried to unpause the character lately? I was having the opposite problem where I was constantly unpausing a character I did not want unpaused. (Constantly being every other turn.)

I've tried to unpause every day.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: March 28, 2013, 08:03:54 PM »
Did you vacation pause, or cold storage? I've seen people unpause after a turn or two, when using vacation pause.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #39: March 28, 2013, 08:10:48 PM »
Did you vacation pause, or cold storage? I've seen people unpause after a turn or two, when using vacation pause.

That's the thing, I have no clue. Somehow, some way, I paused my character while on the mobile site. I remember pressing the back button to on the first page where it asks if you want to pause this character, but it paused it anyway.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: March 28, 2013, 08:39:23 PM »
*sigh*

This is just one of those charming little edge cases that crop up from time to time.

I have manually tweaked it so that you should be able to unpause Bezumo whenever you are ready.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #41: March 28, 2013, 10:07:17 PM »
*sigh*

This is just one of those charming little edge cases that crop up from time to time.

I have manually tweaked it so that you should be able to unpause Bezumo whenever you are ready.

I found something interesting when I logged in as him... Apparently it was over a week ago (joy) and more interestingly, I managed to travel while I was paused.

Knight Pauses   (7 days, 1 hour ago)
message to all nobles of Thalmarkin
Nick Smith, the player of Bezumo Kuriga, has paused him for an indefinite period.
Due to pausing, he loses the following:

His unit, "Desert Warriors", is set up as a local militia unit in Bil Havil.
    He vacates his estate in Unger

Travel Report   (5 days, 3 hours ago)
You find the route more difficult than you guessed, and will take one hour longer for the trip than planned.

Travel Report   (4 days, 15 hours ago)
You find the route more difficult than you guessed, and will take one hour longer for the trip than planned.

Travel Report   (3 days, 15 hours ago)
Carefully, you make your way through Lastfell, hoping not to be spotted. Enemy troops were spotted here, belonging to Melhed. You make a short stop in Lastfell before you continue your travel to Unger.

Travel Report   (2 days, 15 hours ago)
You find a good route and make progress faster than assumed, saving one hour of travel time.

Travel Report   (2 days, 3 hours ago)
You find a good route and make progress faster than assumed, saving one hour of travel time.

Travel Report   (1 day, 15 hours ago)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: March 28, 2013, 10:23:51 PM »

I'm not sure who it is "untimely" for, but I can believe it. Members of Melhed have been discussing war with Thalmarkin, on and off, for months. The same is true in Thalmarkin, of course. It escalated rather quickly, but I think the relationship between the two has always been at a near boil. Nothing to engender goodwill like being totally thankless for having a neighbor save your capital from the Daimons, and then coach you on how to do it.  ;)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: March 29, 2013, 01:52:46 AM »
Gustav, the travel is what was stopping you from unpausing and is what Tim had to manually tweak to let you unpause. Your character needed to stop traveling in order to be unpaused.
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #44: March 29, 2013, 05:08:39 AM »
Gustav, the travel is what was stopping you from unpausing and is what Tim had to manually tweak to let you unpause. Your character needed to stop traveling in order to be unpaused.

Ah, that is interesting.