Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 129402 times)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #90: April 10, 2013, 06:05:08 PM »
Yeux is stepping down, and i hope the new queen will be a good diplomat. She surely needs it. If im gonna give any hints, I would suggest reaching out to Enweil, Sint and Nothoi :p

Keep talking...  ;)

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: April 10, 2013, 08:54:42 PM »
If Melhed doesnt have 100k gold in their coffers, it is because the dukes and rulers have used the gold for their families and sent it to other chars. Such a realm doesnt really deserve to live, at least not on Beluaterra.
That is not true actually, many families have become quite wealthy through Melhed's wealth.  But it is not strictly the dukes and rulers, or even lords.  Most knights made a fair amount in Melhed, and have probably sent a good chunk to their families over time.
I had a duke in Melhed for a while, and probably sent less gold to my family from him than i did from other characters I had elsewhere (if you include the investments in Melhed).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: April 10, 2013, 11:59:44 PM »
I would have expected the invasion to draw considerably upon Melhed's prior wealth.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: April 11, 2013, 12:46:52 AM »
I would have expected the invasion to draw considerably upon Melhed's prior wealth.

Melhed escaped virtually unscathed. They had a TO scare with Agyr, but that was it.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: April 11, 2013, 03:49:31 AM »
Without religious ifluence Agyr would have fallen. The first time I saw effective religious power. With 90% of followers and Yeux with a good oratory, I was able to resist the armies arrive.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #95: April 11, 2013, 09:04:29 AM »
Keep talking...  ;)

He keeps winning.

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: April 11, 2013, 06:27:14 PM »
You make a lot of assumptions, most of them incorrect, unflattering, or kind of insulting. So I'm just gonna skip over that and wish the same.  ;)

Vice Versa, sir.

Well, I wont... :)

If Melhed doesnt have 100k gold in their coffers, it is because the dukes and rulers have used the gold for their families and sent it to other chars. Such a realm doesnt really deserve to live, at least not on Beluaterra.

And, the reason we (thalmarkin) didnt like Yeuz new rule is because the he is leader of the Bloodspeakers and the one pushing the Bloodspeakers into power. Bloodspeakers and known enemies of Thalmarkin. Also, we would most likely have pushed for war anyway, since this is exactly what we wanted... war. From what ive seen IG and here as well, Melhed wanted the same. You could never have hoped for more than a 1 on 1, so this should be your most ultimate dream.

But well, I agree on you upon letting the best realm win. Thalmarkin will stop other realms from entering the war as long as it doesnt severly damage our diplomatics. Our neighbours want in on the war and we are saying no, but we are not gonna refuse them if its gonna make us suffer in the future. This is Melheds problem, and they are the ones who need to make changes, not us.

Yeux is stepping down, and i hope the new queen will be a good diplomat. She surely needs it. If im gonna give any hints, I would suggest reaching out to Enweil, Sint and Nothoi :p

That's what i am saying. Instead of opposing those who wants to join the war, you guys let them in. I don't really see how that's maintaining 1vs1. When i said opposing, i mean fight against them instead. We already reached out to the whole continent. That was why i emphasized so much of afraid of losing. Non of them wanted to be on Melhed's side because of afraid of losing to the northern alliance. Yes, it WAS Melhed's fault and something we need to fix. But we been trying to do that since the start of the previous invasion and after. Why do you think we went all the way to Nothoi to help out with stabilizing their regions? We tried, but nothing can be proved if we weren't given a chance in the first place.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: April 11, 2013, 07:00:52 PM »
That's what i am saying. Instead of opposing those who wants to join the war, you guys let them in. I don't really see how that's maintaining 1vs1. When i said opposing, i mean fight against them instead.

Who are we letting in? Im not sure we are talking about the same war anymore...  :-\

And, you want Thalmarkin to attack anyone who wants to aid us? Now... what?
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: April 11, 2013, 07:07:01 PM »
Chapter 1 of The Melite's Guide to Self-Destruction.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: April 11, 2013, 08:26:24 PM »
Chapter 1 of The Melite's Guide to Self-Destruction.
That was...Perfect.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: April 11, 2013, 10:09:58 PM »
If we were to change our IG behavior based on OOG forum whining I'd be pushing hard to let OG and Fronen join us for some good old fashioned prison lovin'. Just... have some dignity, k? It's not our job to make sure you have a backup plan.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: April 11, 2013, 10:45:21 PM »
If we were to change our IG behavior based on OOG forum whining I'd be pushing hard to let OG and Fronen join us for some good old fashioned prison lovin'. Just... have some dignity, k? It's not our job to make sure you have a backup plan.
I agree, and I find it hard to find it anything but whining. They are complaining about Melhed !@#$ing up their diplomacy so that no one likes them and tries to complain because Thalmarkin's players said they actually need to do work to prevent allies from joining though said they weren't going to let themselves be !@#$ed over by the other realms because they were trying to prevent them from preventing the war too much.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: April 12, 2013, 01:36:14 AM »
I honestly dont know why people are complaining about the war. It is Thalmarkin VS Melhed. Nobody else has gotten involved.

Speaking from Old Grehk's point of view, we would only consider getting involved if Melhed began conquering Thalmarkin and getting closer to our borders. That would be considered a threat to our soverignty and frankly speaking we wouldnt let an ally be destroyed. If you consider that means two or three regions then you are mistaken. Thalmarkin are big boys and girls, I am sure they can deal with a war with Melhed and reclaim any regions they stole from them. If Melhed gets another realm onside to aid them, we would consider involving ourselves then as well, to keep the balance in the war.

All I see are people complaining and making excuses that we are going to get involved, when frankly we are not. If Melhed wants to keep it that way, I suggest they lift their standing and ability on the diplomatic front, they seriously need to work on that overtime if they want to ensure any favourable outcome from this war.

Oh and please note the word "consider" doesnt mean it is a definate. There are many factors to take into account when making these kinds of decisions, I was merely outlining some potential scenarios ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:40:22 AM by Turner »
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: April 12, 2013, 08:28:11 AM »
Who is complaining anyway? All I see is talk about people complaining. Sheesh.

I'm really happy the war has stayed 1v1; it is a tough match. Thal is strong but Melhed is tanky. A unit from OG did kind of pass through like a ghost, never really found out what he was up to...  :o

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: April 12, 2013, 03:57:09 PM »
That observer from OG at every battle was the perfect amount of intrigue and WTF. Shame he's in a rogue prison now. XD