Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 130007 times)

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #165: April 16, 2013, 10:17:33 PM »
Executions aren't all that common. Especially not on BT or between realms who are not hatred with eachother etc. If Melhed had not cancelled the treaties we had this would not have been allowed (a treaty your beloved former Judge wrote and signed).
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: April 16, 2013, 10:18:40 PM »
And it's not just Kuvio, you've threatened to do it to all the nobles you capture.

So... no way? Yes way!

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: April 16, 2013, 10:20:06 PM »
Yes, there is more "human" ways to get riddoff pesky infiltrators. There is pretty much boats sailing between continents.

Anyway, this is still quite intresting and fun! I bet both sides is having good time!
~Violence is always an option!~

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #168: April 16, 2013, 11:06:55 PM »
This is easily the most fun I've had in a war ever. I'm sure I'd be upset if Thalmarkin lost, but damn if it wouldn't have been an EPIC loss.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: April 16, 2013, 11:23:28 PM »
Scrolls are there to be used no?

This will just make everything more interesting if both sides use them and, you said you would. Its fair. MHO
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #170: April 16, 2013, 11:25:47 PM »
Actually, at no point did Kalixta ever say she would kill nobles outright, simply for being enemies. She DID say that because Thalmarkin troops raped and murdered in Lloringel, the lives of any commoners she caught would be rendered forfeit as retribution.

Kalixta has a serious problem with Rapists.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: April 16, 2013, 11:42:26 PM »
Well let's just say the overall tone wasn't very friendly.

The fact is you killed a noble while the worst we've ever done was welcome your Queen to our city where she happened to slip on some ice and seriously hurt herself.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #172: April 17, 2013, 12:13:42 AM »
Well let's just say the overall tone wasn't very friendly.

The fact is you killed a noble while the worst we've ever done was welcome your Queen to our city where she happened to slip on some ice and seriously hurt herself.

Lorgan, your level of distortion is astounding. I'm done playing forum warrior with this stuff, I cede this thread to Thalmarkin.

I'll take your kingdom though ;)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: April 17, 2013, 12:15:42 AM »
Lorgan, your level of distortion is astounding. I'm done playing forum warrior with this stuff, I cede this thread to Thalmarkin.

The scroll is called a scroll of accident. ;)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #174: April 17, 2013, 12:16:33 AM »
Well, Lorgan, in all fairness, I did have a /little/ to do with that 'accident'. Sudden wind blowing an icicle off my keep and hitting her in the head, rendering her unconcious for a few days... I mean... I guess it's my fault for not thinking about the icicles?

Bwahahaha, I do love this war.

And seriously, the Melite's didn't notice the first round of summonings? I mean, yeah, they were spread out....but damn. At least round two was enough to raise ire, if not hackles.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #175: April 17, 2013, 02:04:52 AM »
Well, Lorgan, in all fairness, I did have a /little/ to do with that 'accident'. Sudden wind blowing an icicle off my keep and hitting her in the head, rendering her unconcious for a few days... I mean... I guess it's my fault for not thinking about the icicles?

Bwahahaha, I do love this war.

And seriously, the Melite's didn't notice the first round of summonings? I mean, yeah, they were spread out....but damn. At least round two was enough to raise ire, if not hackles.

Only 'cause I was passing by...

If those scrolls are supposed to be devastating, it's not working. The rogue spawn was not significant...

And you assume this is the first I hear of scrolls being used, and that I've never used one myself. You shouldn't assume so many things all at once.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #176: April 17, 2013, 04:04:37 AM »
Only 'cause I was passing by...

If those scrolls are supposed to be devastating, it's not working. The rogue spawn was not significant...

And you assume this is the first I hear of scrolls being used, and that I've never used one myself. You shouldn't assume so many things all at once.
10 scrolls would likely be pretty devastating, but one is not meant to be.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #177: April 17, 2013, 04:12:05 AM »
I would call 10 problematic, not devastating.

Get up to a couple dozen, and you might begin to be able to call it devastating.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eirikr

« Reply #178: April 17, 2013, 04:56:36 AM »
In regards to Kuvio, both IC and OOC, everyone knew he had it coming. Previous sabotage and attempted murder aside, he WAS banned for Melhed. Then he came back, illegally, doing more illegal stuff. He knew what would happen.

Don't be mad because we finally caught your Captain. Jack. Sparrow.

There is no way Thalmarkin can seriously use him as a legitimate excuse/martyr to justify how the war has been escalated.

I definitely knew I had it coming, but I was a little surprised at my horrendous luck... Medium risk production sabotage in an empty region... Worse, no escape option. Darn shame, too. 60% in both swordfighting and infiltration.

Ah well, Kuvio's head may roll, but it's only a portent for the metaphorical boulder about to roll over Melhed. :P

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #179: April 17, 2013, 05:22:33 AM »
I would call 10 problematic, not devastating.

Get up to a couple dozen, and you might begin to be able to call it devastating.

The problem is, how the hell is anyone supposed to get a couple dozen? It's rare to find a lord with two, you'd have to probably collect them for over a year and a half to two years...