Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 130040 times)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #180: April 17, 2013, 05:26:00 AM »
A couple dozen would let you summon a rogue army about the size of most realms' standing armies. That's the kind of thing that SHOULD take a year of hard work to accomplish.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: April 17, 2013, 11:12:17 AM »
Only 'cause I was passing by...

If those scrolls are supposed to be devastating, it's not working. The rogue spawn was not significant...

And you assume this is the first I hear of scrolls being used, and that I've never used one myself. You shouldn't assume so many things all at once.

I wasn't speaking of you, nor to you, Chenier.
You assuming that I speak to you, or at you, is assuming too much at once as well.

The problem is, how the hell is anyone supposed to get a couple dozen? It's rare to find a lord with two, you'd have to probably collect them for over a year and a half to two years...

Jaeger has used 14 summoning scrolls since the war began, 7 in Bisana. It has taken a little less than a year, and more are already coming to him. If you have a problem getting scrolls, that's your problem. :D

I definitely knew I had it coming, but I was a little surprised at my horrendous luck... Medium risk production sabotage in an empty region... Worse, no escape option. Darn shame, too. 60% in both swordfighting and infiltration.

Ah well, Kuvio's head may roll, but it's only a portent for the metaphorical boulder about to roll over Melhed. :P

Kuvio dying is what let Jaeger come unchained. Sad to lose another infil, but it made for a great catalyst!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:15:44 AM by Woelfy »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #182: April 17, 2013, 12:23:14 PM »
The problem is, how the hell is anyone supposed to get a couple dozen? It's rare to find a lord with two, you'd have to probably collect them for over a year and a half to two years...

Good, I don't feel like having an invasion every second week...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183: April 17, 2013, 01:35:08 PM »
Lorgan, your level of distortion is astounding. I'm done playing forum warrior with this stuff, I cede this thread to Thalmarkin.

I'll take your kingdom though ;)

Oh no, you shouldn't leave. :(
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #184: April 17, 2013, 02:52:46 PM »
I definitely knew I had it coming, but I was a little surprised at my horrendous luck... Medium risk production sabotage in an empty region... Worse, no escape option. Darn shame, too. 60% in both swordfighting and infiltration.

Ah well, Kuvio's head may roll, but it's only a portent for the metaphorical boulder about to roll over Melhed. :P

If it helps at all, that execution cost Kalixta 6 Honor and 5 prestige.  :-X
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: April 17, 2013, 03:22:18 PM »
What's a Kalixta?

8)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #186: April 17, 2013, 08:37:54 PM »
What's a Kalixta?

8)

Kalixta: (N) Personal scourge of Guiles everywhere  :P

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: April 17, 2013, 09:52:27 PM »

She's quickly become the "Witch of Melhed" in Thalmarkin. So, job well done on crafting the perfect villain for the moment.  8)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #188: April 17, 2013, 11:42:42 PM »
She's quickly become the "Witch of Melhed" in Thalmarkin. So, job well done on crafting the perfect villain for the moment.  8)

That's actually pretty sweet to know. I've designed her character as the foil to Rynn. For starters, she hates him, though I have yet to update my wiki to reflect it. Where Rynn would avoid spilled blood if possible, she would bathe  in it. Mix that bloodlust with iron loyalty and just a small dash of desiring to be good...ish, and you have a fairly complicated character.

For example, she has a Guile advy in her dungeon right now and has NOT killed him, even though she promised to behead all Thal adv's she met.

As a player, I am starting to have more funplaying her than Rynn atm. This is a great war.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #189: April 17, 2013, 11:53:59 PM »
I was pretty amazed when I landed in Melhed and was all like... wait a minute... I know this guy. And this guy. And this guy. And... that guy... We should rename Melhed to D'Hara Nova. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #190: April 18, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »
I was pretty amazed when I landed in Melhed and was all like... wait a minute... I know this guy. And this guy. And this guy. And... that guy... We should rename Melhed to D'Hara Nova. ;)

D'Hara Nova: Hated by one and all, but not caring cuz we be rich as hell

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #191: April 18, 2013, 12:29:22 AM »
Um...Chénier, don't you mean "rename D'Hara to Melhed Nova"?

Melhed's been around a wee bit longer than D'Hara...like, at least twice as long.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: April 18, 2013, 12:31:43 AM »
Um...Chénier, don't you mean "rename D'Hara to Melhed Nova"?

Melhed's been around a wee bit longer than D'Hara...like, at least twice as long.

Indeed, I would know, I played in Melhed for quite some time in the past, and had on and off ties to it. However, I don't recall any of the D'Haran families being in Melhed back then. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that they joined D'Hara before joining Melhed.

A lot of the oldies I played in Melhed with in the days are no longer around.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #193: April 18, 2013, 01:37:45 AM »
I've noticed a fair number of Lurian players in Thalmarkin as well. Funny how that rivalry spans continents. Kinda concerns me that it turns it into an OOC rivalry though, those kinds of tension is where my patience for BM runs thin.

Anyway, fitting into this dichotomy wasn't really intentional for me. My first character was Ismail, who is basically a D'Haran patriot, like a Persian Ben Franklin or something. Maya showed up later, bounced around a bit, and when she landed in Beluaterra she chose Melhed basically based on the description; she arrived as a spurned Tandaros who wanted to hurt people and connect to the 'glorious past,' whatever that is. I guess she got her wish, scars and all.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: April 18, 2013, 01:48:49 AM »

Hahahaha, this is the funniest thing I have ever seen in BM. The biggest scourge of the Guiles, is House Solari, for reasons only known to the two of us.

Nice try though.

Kalixta is nothing but an annoyance to my characters. The advy you have, is paused, and rather expendable. So, enjoy.