Author Topic: Torture Reports  (Read 5371 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Torture Reports
« Reply #15: October 21, 2013, 11:40:41 PM »
Right—because we always have perfect reporting of people doing bad things in order to help their realm win.

It's a nice theory, Tom, and I do not in any way oppose making it clear that sending IC information OOC for the purpose of avoiding torture is a serious offence, but I also don't see any reason not to implement the technical solution.

The problem is, you can say this about nearly any potentially exploitable part of the game, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't ever close exploitable loopholes.

We need to make it clear that private OOC messages might turn up in torture reports. Though it might not be the best idea, there are surely people that use OOC messages to send private messages to each other that they really don't want other people to read. Best to make sure everyone understands not to do that.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Torture Reports
« Reply #16: October 21, 2013, 11:42:29 PM »
We need to make it clear that private OOC messages might turn up in torture reports. Though it might not be the best idea, there are surely people that use OOC messages to send private messages to each other that they really don't want other people to read. Best to make sure everyone understands not to do that.

Might also be worth noting that while we don't always use the ability, the admins can always access any message sent in-game.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan