Author Topic: Region Economy rebalance  (Read 33800 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Region Economy rebalance
« Reply #15: March 20, 2013, 05:10:36 PM »
This is correct.

Food is distributed away from cities and townslands.

Gold is distributed towards cities.

Total gold on each island is increased by about 10%.

Food surplus is increased only on Dwilight: it is decreased on all others -- in some cases (BT) by very large amounts. The specific amounts vary per island.

Also, BT and AT regions no longer have matching stats! :)

Poor D'Hara.

This is going to make them starve even more as their towns lands get less productive.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 20, 2013, 05:12:44 PM »
Poor D'Hara.

This is going to make them starve even more as their towns lands get less productive.

As long as Dwilight produces more food overall, at least we'll be able to buy it from somewhere. Better than produce more ourselves but being totally unable to buy what we lack.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 20, 2013, 05:18:19 PM »
I am excited that my townland will now have a surplus.  I always thought it was weird that I didn't.

It will? I thought ^ban^ said food was being distributed away from townlands.

I too will be curious to see what becomes of region types other than rural and urban. You'd think that badlands, for example, would by definition be dirt poor in all respects, whereas now they can be relatively wealthy for the size of their populations despite not producing much in the way of food.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 20, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »
We really don't want any region to be useless. Everything should be useful for something. At the moment we only have food and gold to work with. Badlands will still produce some gold and food. But maybe not much in excess.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 20, 2013, 10:43:39 PM »
Is it bad that as soon as I saw "beginning of April" I assumed this was an April fools joke?
Your mistake is that, would they really give that obvious of a hint? Btw, Tim already said, the April fools jokes are exclusively done by Tom.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 21, 2013, 12:52:29 AM »
It will? I thought ^ban^ said food was being distributed away from townlands.
#$%# I missed that. :'(

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: March 21, 2013, 04:00:19 PM »
We really don't want any region to be useless. Everything should be useful for something. At the moment we only have food and gold to work with. Badlands will still produce some gold and food. But maybe not much in excess.

Does this mean, by implication, that we can expect further rebalancing when additional resources are added?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: March 21, 2013, 04:11:46 PM »
It's possible, I suppose. That won't be any time soon, though. That kind of stuff isn't even on the radar right now.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: March 22, 2013, 06:01:09 PM »
I do not mean to sound impatient, I realize that this is all a lot of work, and as far as I know it is all volunteering. 
When will the extra resources be implemented?  Or worked on?  Is there any non-coding help that is needed?  I feel like this was all  talked about a long time ago (with support from everyone) and now it is discussed as something that isn't on the radar.
Same thing goes for the estate features.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: March 22, 2013, 06:16:42 PM »
Additional resources are something that will not even be talked about amongst the devs until well after the Doctrine transition is through. There are a number of other things that we know will help that must be done before then.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: March 22, 2013, 06:41:46 PM »
And how is the doctrine coming?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: March 22, 2013, 06:57:58 PM »
And how is the doctrine coming?

My best guess at the moment is that it might be done by the end of the year.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: March 24, 2013, 01:11:30 AM »

Food surplus is increased only on Dwilight: it is decreased on all others -- in some cases (BT) by very large amounts. The specific amounts vary per island.

How much has it been decreased on other islands?  Can you post Before and After stats?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: March 24, 2013, 05:00:00 AM »
How much has it been decreased on other islands?  Can you post Before and After stats?
I believe they all have a 25% surplus now.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 04, 2013, 01:04:56 AM »
Is it bad that as soon as I saw "beginning of April" I assumed this was an April fools joke?

So....apparently this wasn't the April Fool's Joke. But, the beginning of April is now... Anyone else excited and wondering when it'll go live? (I assume soon)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."