Author Topic: New Continent? Permadeath/mandatory charcater slot?  (Read 20203 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Wouldn't it be neat if there was a new continent with permadeath (like in one of the Beluaterra invasions) and where every single player had to have one character? It could be a small continent that way every realm has an abundance of players (rather than the sparsely populated realms of some places) and everybody in the game would be playing together on one island.

Could be fun?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Zakilevo

Wouldn't it be neat if there was a new continent with permadeath (like in one of the Beluaterra invasions) and where every single player had to have one character? It could be a small continent that way every realm has an abundance of players (rather than the sparsely populated realms of some places) and everybody in the game would be playing together on one island.

Could be fun?

Get Tom 500 players and you will get your continent.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Pretty much.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
  • Conan must truly be Conan The Destroyer..
    • View Profile
Sound interesting! What should we name? Atamara, beluaterra, colony, dwilight, east continent, far east island.. Maybe Godetia?
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
How many players are in the game?

Sound interesting! What should we name? Atamara, beluaterra, colony, dwilight, east continent, far east island.. Maybe Godetia?

Yes, it would definitely have to start with a 'G' for continuity's sake  :P
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

500 players, and a nice big chunk of time. Continents aren't trivial to make. (Unless you just want a copy of an existing one.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eirikr

(Unless you just want a copy of an existing one.)

Yeah, I'll take a Dwilight, with a side of damaged Beluaterra.

... and a Diet Coke.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Bring back a war island, and pack 1200 characters on it!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Absolutely no new island will open up while all the existing ones are having issues of low player population.

500? That would bring us back to old levels. Get me 1000 new players and I'll make a new continent.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Absolutely no new island will open up while all the existing ones are having issues of low player population.

500? That would bring us back to old levels. Get me 1000 new players and I'll make a new continent.

What if every player in the game had to play on the new island with one character? How many players would that be?

Bring back a war island, and pack 1200 characters on it!

Cool! The war islands were nice and small, or, nice and cozy for everyone to mash on!

Zakilevo

What if every player in the game had to play on the new island with one character? How many players would that be?

I believe that is not the point here. Creating and managing another island takes time and effort. Based on my perspective, we just don't have enough people to make another island worth the effort and time of Tom and the dev team.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Cool! The war islands were nice and small, or, nice and cozy for everyone to mash on!

I'd rather see EC expanded with the original war island added to the map off the coast based on the original SM map.  Add in sea travel and it'd certainly prove an interesting dynamic.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I'd rather see EC expanded with the original war island added to the map off the coast based on the original SM map.  Add in sea travel and it'd certainly prove an interesting dynamic.

That would be really cool too! Let's do that!

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile

Had to? But what if that new continent ends up like [insert continent you dislike the most here]? Does that mean I couldn't even pause? I'd probably just camp in the capital then.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster

I am talking PLAYERS, not characters.

And seriously, FORCING people to play somewhere? Have they handed out the crazy pills while I wasn't looking?