Author Topic: There's ALWAYS Time For That  (Read 6798 times)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: There's ALWAYS Time For That
« Reply #15: March 22, 2013, 05:26:01 AM »
Cataryna followed Red steps as a woman is supposed to do. The man should always guide, and he was doing this quite well although she could sense he was not a habitual dancer but after a few moments, when they found a rhythm, she could relax and totally enjoy the dance.

It was not easy with all they were wearing and at some point when the sound of the clanks were loud enough she simply starts laughing. She laughed and bowed his head backwards to see if Red was also finding the situation funny.

"This would be easy with less ornaments between us" she whispered, spelling the word ornaments slowly to make sure he would understand she was referring to the Armour, following the whisper  with a large smile, making him have no doubt she was happy.

She was enjoying being in his arms, her small hands between his strong fingers, and she wanted to stay there forever but she knew this was a moment stolen from the war.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 23, 2013, 05:39:19 AM »
The knight laughed along with the Lady, finally apprehending the absurdity of the situation. The bards were doing a fine job, but they did not really want to be here. His soldiers were on guard for attack, and here the two were dancing in full armor, which gleamed from the cookfire. It was hardly a ball, but then they did not exactly have the time out here.

When she implied that they at least mend the situation a little by doffing their gear, he responded by leaning down to plant a kiss upon her lips. "We might need some privacy," he said softly, casting a glance towards his men. Underneath his armor, he wore no finery suitable for a nobleman to wear alone, just long padded clothing that looked rather similar to what one might wear to bed.

Naturally, he hadn't thought to bring much in the way of court dress with him, though he cursed himself for not having the foresight to raid a tailor on the ride over here.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 23, 2013, 06:35:41 AM »
A kiss changes everything. Until then, Cataryna did not quite know what to expect but the kiss, though fast, changed everything.
Cataryna did not expect to find someone to love, especially during a war, but love happened without being expected. For long time she admired Red and for long time she expected a moment like this.
The girl always dreamed of finding a great love, unlike their parents who had been married for convenience. The war, however, did not allow many dreams. There was a urgency to enjoy the good times while they could have good times because everything could change quickly. As the kiss, which made of the officer, a prince.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 24, 2013, 04:19:07 AM »
Red pulled back, hard lips forming a tight line as he examined Lady Cataryna's face. When it became apparent that she felt the same way that he did, he took one last glance towards his men. "I am only sorry we have so little time," he lamented. This romantic diversion was important to him, but his duties took precedence. Still, there had to be a way to consolidate the two.

"Perhaps I could take my rest here for the night," he said carefully. He had provisions enough to last him through the morning, but more important was Cat's thoughts on the matter. Things were coming along at a brisk enough pace, and Sir Red was not so good at courtship as he was at war. At least he knew enough to recognize that in himself.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 24, 2013, 02:58:03 PM »
This was going to fast, she thought, at same time feeling the impatience that comes with love. Looking carefully to his face, she knew what he was saying even without saying it with all words. She also knew this could be a problem in the future but the worse result of this, could be to have her heart broken and to this, she was already immunized.
She had loved once, so deep and so violently that after the end of her relationship she moved away as far as she could from her beloved one. Now he was dead, for long time now and her heart healed. Would she be brave enough to risk again? Red was evidently courting her, in his weird - but lovely - way to flatter. But could be also be in love?
Cataryna decide long time ago that she would be the best warrior ever seen and this could be one decisive battle in her life?
"If you stay, would this change anything in our Marshal-Soldier relation?" asked her, with brilliant eyes, showing also evidently that she would love him to stay. "If the answer is no, I would love to stay with you by all this night" and she could just wait the night to be as long as possible.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 24, 2013, 07:54:14 PM »
Sir Red stroked her cheek with his fingertips, tucking a lock of dark hair behind her ear. Truth be told, he had cared for her far longer than she might have understood. This night was just the culmination of it, and though it had all the signs of something opportunistic it was merely the symptom of the disease. War or no, he would have come calling sooner or later.

He frowned in thought at her question. Would this change their roles in the army? Would he give her precedent over all the others under his command? Finally, he shook his head. "We all have our part in this war," he said. "But after the war is done, I intend to step down, and if you would let me I would do right by you then." He did not know if that was what she wanted, but truly he desired more than just a battlefield fling.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: March 25, 2013, 02:01:46 AM »
Cataryna heard his answer and sighed deeply in relief. Her face shined in a bright smile while she raised her hand to finally touch his face, something she was wanting to do for long. Her other hand took his arm, and she guided him to her tent. She was also not very good at romance and dating.
"Come with me, Red" she said, "we will be more comfortable in my tent".