Author Topic: Anonaymous messages  (Read 2766 times)

Oszero

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Anonaymous messages
« Topic Start: April 12, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »
I had this idea last night and wondered whether it was possible. You're currently able to hide the recipients  of your letters by spending a few coins, why not allow you to hide yourself as the writer of the letter? Of course you would have to pay to be able to do this, ans I guess to stop spam in game it could only be to an individual or small number of people.

I'm not really too sure, I guess it all depends on what people think.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Re: Anonaymous messages
« Reply #1: April 12, 2011, 06:09:04 PM »
Isn't this one of those frequently rejected things? :/
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Oszero

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 12, 2011, 06:12:24 PM »
It is?

oh...damn.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 12, 2011, 06:18:44 PM »
This has been discussed many times on the DList. Personally, I am against anything like this. Spying is already easy enough as it is, and catching them is already essentially impossible, unless you happen to get a spy of your own in the enemy camp or the person handling the spy's messages is careless.

Also, I think that this would undermine trust in the message system. Anything that does that should be avoided.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Oszero

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 12, 2011, 06:41:13 PM »
ok, a slight tweak of the idea, since after thinking about it, the abuse would be too easy.

How about making it something available founders of a secret society? Allowing them to send an anonymous message to a single person inviting them to their organization?

I mean, if no is no then that's not a problem at all, I was just thinking of ways to get around all the crap that would spawn should this become a feature all nobles can use.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: April 12, 2011, 06:48:15 PM »
For secret organizations, anonymous invitations would be more like it. Not the message type stuff, I mean the link you have to click to invite someone not in the society. If those were anonymous, same ends. As far as messaging within the society, there was something in the past about how everyone is named if they talk in the society, and that if you really wanted to be unknown in a secret society, then place a dummy rank below you and never talk or something.