Author Topic: Ability to go to Tournaments  (Read 3402 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Ability to go to Tournaments
« Topic Start: March 22, 2013, 05:27:42 PM »
So it has its own IR, and its IG reasoning is its your right as a noble,  so why is it that only warriors can go to tournaments? That is something I feel adds no fun, but it in fact takes away fun. I know there has to be differences in classes, but I don't see why this should be one.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

anoobowner

• Knight
  • Vorash Family
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to go to Tournaments
« Reply #1: April 23, 2013, 04:08:42 AM »
Well the main alternative to warriors are adventurers, courtiers, and priests. Besides spectating, organizing, and blessing contestants, why would any of those belong competing in a tournament?

Unless you watch Heath Ledger's "A Knight's Tale", of course...
VORASH FAMILY: Protheon--Riombara | Prospero--Morek | Pamela--Caergoth

"The thing with computer-generated imagery is that it's an incredibly powerful tool for making better visual effects. But I believe in an absolute difference between animation and photography." - Christopher Nolan

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 23, 2013, 04:19:24 AM »
Well the main alternative to warriors are adventurers, courtiers, and priests. Besides spectating, organizing, and blessing contestants, why would any of those belong competing in a tournament?

Courtiers still fight and many people switch between classes really often. I'm one of them.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

egamma

« Reply #3: April 23, 2013, 04:41:45 AM »
Courtiers should be able to attend.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 23, 2013, 06:22:52 AM »

I can see reason for priests RPwise not being able though Courtiers should, but this is a game, so the more important question IMO, is does it make it more fun restricting it to just warriors?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 23, 2013, 01:38:21 PM »
I can see reason for priests RPwise not being able though Courtiers should, but this is a game, so the more important question IMO, is does it make it more fun restricting it to just warriors?

It's often been requested to allow all non-eligible candidates to join tournaments as observers. I believe the devs have yet to find it worth the effort to code it, having other coding priorities.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 24, 2013, 01:47:47 AM »
It's often been requested to allow all non-eligible candidates to join tournaments as observers. I believe the devs have yet to find it worth the effort to code it, having other coding priorities.
I know but that doesn't actually pertain to my post. I am not asking for the observer option.
― G.K. Chesterton

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 24, 2013, 07:24:17 AM »
I'm pretty sure Tournament revamps are on the long side of the (we would like) "to do..." list.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)