Author Topic: Rogue movement  (Read 2855 times)

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Rogue movement
« Topic Start: March 22, 2013, 06:35:46 PM »
Is there any 'intelligence' in rogue movement?  Or is it entirely random?
It seems to me that monsters move to nicer regions (more population, more food).  Is this the case?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue movement
« Reply #1: March 22, 2013, 06:58:49 PM »
I wanted to add intelligence to it a while back, but Tom wouldn't let me  :'(

It's entirely random.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 23, 2013, 12:45:17 PM »
A shame, It would have been funny to see how they stick together and make enormous hordes!  ;D

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 23, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »
A shame, It would have been funny to see how they stick together and make enormous hordes!  ;D
That would be awesome. Leave the divides alone too long, and they don't attack you for awhile, could have 6-8kCS horde of monsters at your borders.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 23, 2013, 04:25:40 PM »
And then just wait till the various complaints roll in.

I would love it though. Maybe just for Beluaterra, but that would be too much trouble for too little gain I'm guessing.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 23, 2013, 04:27:31 PM »
That would be awesome. Leave the divides alone too long, and they don't attack you for awhile, could have 6-8kCS horde of monsters at your borders.

You mean, like it was last year?

Because three years ago, it was more like 15-20k hordes that came out of the divides.....
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 24, 2013, 04:55:14 AM »
You mean, like it was last year?

Because three years ago, it was more like 15-20k hordes that came out of the divides.....
Didn't play on Dwilight then for the second statement. I started on Dwilight a year and two months ago, and while I might not have noticed, I don't recall ever hearing about that.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: March 24, 2013, 05:16:13 AM »
Miss the good old days when we could fight 10~15k CS monsters. It made Dwilight more intense. Now instead of monsters we have Aurvandil.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 24, 2013, 09:37:39 AM »
Didn't play on Dwilight then for the second statement. I started on Dwilight a year and two months ago, and while I might not have noticed, I don't recall ever hearing about that.

Part of it is that the monster generation has been toned down sometimes around.... 2011? There were a lot more beforehand. However, the big change came with the new estate system that allowed the realm to colonize the whole space of Dwilight. Before that the rogues could increase in size and merge while in rogue region, and when you saw them arrive at your borders they were sometimes huge. Most hordes were in the 3-6k range, but roughly once every two months you could expect a 20k horde to appear south of Morek.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 25, 2013, 12:05:56 AM »
Part of it is that the monster generation has been toned down sometimes around.... 2011? There were a lot more beforehand. However, the big change came with the new estate system that allowed the realm to colonize the whole space of Dwilight. Before that the rogues could increase in size and merge while in rogue region, and when you saw them arrive at your borders they were sometimes huge. Most hordes were in the 3-6k range, but roughly once every two months you could expect a 20k horde to appear south of Morek.

Those were the good ol' days.

Fighting 10-15K CS undead and monster hordes coming out of where Aurvandil was when they came through the Tower. . . every week -.-   Fight a horde, refit, fight a horde, refit.

Actually was the most fun I've had in a while.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 25, 2013, 12:21:31 AM »
Fighting 10-15K CS undead and monster hordes coming out of where Aurvandil was when they came through the Tower. . . every week -.-   Fight a horde, refit, fight a horde, refit.

Actually was the most fun I've had in a while.

You could always come to Swordfell! 5k monsters popping up in your depopulated bleak/hateful/stopped region with only two gold to rub together as your only defense...that and 3 day travel to get anywhere.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)