Author Topic: Sign up for a CK2 multiplayer game!  (Read 24943 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sign up for a CK2 multiplayer game!
« Reply #30: April 14, 2013, 01:16:25 AM »
Stabbity...you are great.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 14, 2013, 02:54:56 AM »
You know what the problem with Scotland is?

Its full of Scots.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 15, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »
Alright, now I'm baffled. I'm a King and had a kinsman of my dynasty married to a woman with a strong claim on a particular duchy. They had a kid, also of my dynasty. I pushed the woman's claim to the duchy and won it. I made the kid my vassal by making him Mayor of a city. When the mother died, instead of the duchy joining my realm, the city left it. I don't get it.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 15, 2013, 09:26:37 AM »
The kid was not a direct vassal of yours, he was a vassal of one of your lords. He inherited a duchy, making him higher than his 1st-order liege, making him independent.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 15, 2013, 10:02:42 AM »
Ah, I see, thanks. So if I gave the kid a county in a duchy I was Duke of (or a county not part of an existing duchy), he'd become my direct vassal and the inherited duchy would join my realm?

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 15, 2013, 10:18:15 AM »
Yes. You generally want to save before doing any sort of allegiance or inheritance shenanigans, though, because they tend to go very awry very quickly.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 15, 2013, 10:23:27 AM »
Giving him a county in my duchy didn't work. I had to actually give him an entire duchy before he stayed in my realm when his mother died.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 15, 2013, 10:56:40 AM »
Giving him a county in my duchy didn't work. I had to actually give him an entire duchy before he stayed in my realm when his mother died.

Oh yeah. Sorry about that. He wasn't a vassal to Velax the King, he was a vassal to Velax the Duke. When he became a duke, he was equivalent to his liege, so he went indie.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 15, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
There's some law you can pass that will prevent this from happening.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: April 15, 2013, 11:28:29 AM »
What about if I gave him a county that isn't part of a duchy? Would he be considered a vassal of Velax the King then?

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 15, 2013, 11:59:51 AM »
Don't put money on it, but I think so yeah.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: April 15, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »
Just tried it and no. The county left my realm rather than the duchy joining it. So it seems I have to give him a title that is equivalent or higher to the one he's inheriting for him to become part of my realm.

So if I were an Emperor, say, and I was supporting a vassal in their claim for a Kingdom, I'd have to give them another Kingdom for them to become part of my realm? That seems...excessive.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: April 15, 2013, 02:47:47 PM »
Hence why I only press claims when the claimant is me or someone for whom I am heir.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: April 15, 2013, 11:41:00 PM »
Y'all are seriously doing this all wrong.

If they are in your dynasty, press their claim regardless of whether they'll end up in your kingdom or not.

Why? Because this is a game about "dynasties" not personal kingdoms. One goal should be to spread your dynasty around as much as possible even if you don't particularly control areas. Your dynasty prestige plays a role in marriages, and other diplomacy, not just your own prestige.

Not to mention, any dynasty members are automatic allies for wars and such.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 16, 2013, 12:11:48 AM »
Just tried it and no. The county left my realm rather than the duchy joining it. So it seems I have to give him a title that is equivalent or higher to the one he's inheriting for him to become part of my realm.

So if I were an Emperor, say, and I was supporting a vassal in their claim for a Kingdom, I'd have to give them another Kingdom for them to become part of my realm? That seems...excessive.

I believe that if the Kingdom is a de jure part of your Empire they'll still join you. Alternatively, if you press the claim of a dynasty member they'll also join you.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:14:36 AM by Norrel »