Author Topic: Sign up for a CK2 multiplayer game!  (Read 24703 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Topic Start: March 22, 2013, 08:57:28 PM »
Yes, I hijacked the last thread. So what?

Come one, come all to this incredibly awesome CK2 multiplayer bonanza!

Post your choice of realm/duchy/county, and what times you'll be available to play (if you already know.) I was thinking of starting this up as soon as possible, on a weekend preferably (?).
Concerning timezones, if there is a significant number of players in one timezone, we'll probably favor said timezone, dropping a few players in the process. We have to be able to play the game more than once a month.

Rules: No direct assassinations on other players. Only moderate use of the murder plot is allowed when trying to kill a PC. If you're unsure whether or not someone is a player, ask. We'll most likely pop an IRC channel up for this, although I believe you can type to one another in game. You can chose to be close or far away from others. You can be a vassal to another player or you can be their ruler. The choices are somewhat limitless!

I'll be choosing the Kingdom of Denmark as my realm.

List of Players:

Arundel (GMT -6): Denmark. Flexible hours. Seeing as I'll probably host on the meta server, I'll be available. Warning: Mid-April (10-25) I'll be unavailable: I've got finals then.

LGMAlpha (GMT -5): Toulouse.

Norrel (GMT -7): Irish Count Somewhere

Solari: Venice or Lombardy

Revan (GMT +0): Duchy of Apulia

Silverfire (GMT -5): Duchy of Barcelona or Doux of Adrianopolis

EDIT: I play with Sword of Islam and Legacy of Rome DLC's. I do believe, should anyone have the Republic as well or no DLC's, we can still play.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:04:08 AM by Arundel »
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sign up for a CK2 multiplayer game!
« Reply #1: March 22, 2013, 09:36:34 PM »

+1 for Duchy of Toulouse. Timezone EST(GMT-5)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 09:56:05 PM by LGMAlpha »

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 22, 2013, 09:49:41 PM »
+1 Count of some Irish county
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 23, 2013, 12:08:40 AM »
+1 for either the Most Serene Republic of Venice or Duke of Lombary. I am unsure as to which yet.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 23, 2013, 01:50:16 AM »
I'm intrigued to see what CK2 is like in multiplayer so I'll give this a go.

Duchy of Apulia, GMT+0

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 23, 2013, 03:06:58 AM »
GMT -5

Duchy of Barcelona or Doux of Adrianopolis (Depending upon what DLC we use)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 23, 2013, 03:18:37 AM »
Ruler Designer or no Ruler Designer?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 23, 2013, 03:58:29 AM »
Ruler designer, but then again I don't think it matters.

Edit: Unless you're talking about rules. I say sure.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:02:03 AM by Arundel »
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 23, 2013, 05:33:01 AM »
GMT + 8 till April 25th. GMT +1 afterwards. I will have limited availability till the April 25th though, so don't try to do anything around me. Just set a date, and I'll see if I can join in, if you don't mind.

Duke of Greater Poland. Never played in that region before.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 23, 2013, 07:15:09 AM »
Ruler designer, but then again I don't think it matters.

Edit: Unless you're talking about rules. I say sure.

Yes, as in are we allowed to use it? I almost always play with it, because I don't want to get in game and realize my guy is incompetent at everything when I start. Mainly, I just want to make sure I start with lvl 4 education, so I don't just die due to rebels or some stupid thing.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 23, 2013, 08:00:39 AM »
Yes, as in are we allowed to use it? I almost always play with it, because I don't want to get in game and realize my guy is incompetent at everything when I start. Mainly, I just want to make sure I start with lvl 4 education, so I don't just die due to rebels or some stupid thing.

Of course. I'll be using it.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 23, 2013, 11:56:50 AM »
You cheating bastards
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #12: March 23, 2013, 12:17:22 PM »
Yeah. Isn't CK2 all about surviving even though all your heirs are incompetent and trying to kill you? :-)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 23, 2013, 12:19:53 PM »
Yeah, I'd vote for no Ruler Designer, but I might not be playing. Personally, I don't even let my character train any of my Son or Daughters just to avoid being able to finegroom him too easily, or make it dependent on my traits what I decide.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 24, 2013, 03:01:37 AM »
Yeah, I'd vote for no Ruler Designer, but I might not be playing. Personally, I don't even let my character train any of my Son or Daughters just to avoid being able to finegroom him too easily, or make it dependent on my traits what I decide.

That is kind of the point of the entire succession game. It's a medieval eugenics simulator.