Author Topic: What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?  (Read 48439 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?
« Reply #15: April 13, 2011, 09:04:53 AM »
Well BM hasn't encountered mongols yet so maybe we can make cavalries only realm? :)

How crazy would the addition of horse archer units to the game be? :o
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 13, 2011, 09:51:44 AM »
How crazy would the addition of horse archer units to the game be? :o

It would have have to be dumbed down in order to work cause they sound like an OP unit.

I was thinking more like armies of only Marshal, V-M, and 3 other knights who work well together. In a 25 character realm, that's 5 armies, which brings about a lot of possibilities. Perhaps it has been done before, but I haven't really seen it yet.  The General would just be an honorary position rather than almighty-commander. The Marshal would be elected as they would conference over what the military does, with a watchful comment and eye of the ruler and/or council.

There's other possibilities I've dived into, but perhaps I will create a new topic for the idea sometime.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 13, 2011, 01:52:23 PM »
Well BM hasn't encountered mongols yet so maybe we can make cavalries only realm? :)

Only to be completely foiled by the enemy's simple wooden palisades.

Doh!   :o
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #18: April 13, 2011, 02:24:53 PM »
A single hero leads his archers to rain hellfire on the horde of mounted invaders, holding them off successfully, wave after wave, such that his fair townsland is saved, and the invaders can get no closer to the brilliant city beyond the town.

Legends are sung for all time of the great Hero of Flying Arrows, whose sharp projectiles stained the sky the color of steel and wood, the lone rock who stood against the crashing waves of the ocean, and parted its waters. Such be the tale of the bards who sing of he who defeated what was unmatched in the open, for the unstoppable force, strong as the waves made of men and steeds, met an object easily moved, yet was deflected as nothing but a breeze.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 13, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »
It would have have to be dumbed down in order to work cause they sound like an OP unit.

I was thinking more like armies of only Marshal, V-M, and 3 other knights who work well together. In a 25 character realm, that's 5 armies, which brings about a lot of possibilities. Perhaps it has been done before, but I haven't really seen it yet.  The General would just be an honorary position rather than almighty-commander. The Marshal would be elected as they would conference over what the military does, with a watchful comment and eye of the ruler and/or council.

There's other possibilities I've dived into, but perhaps I will create a new topic for the idea sometime.

Shh, you're getting too close to an idea already in the works...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 13, 2011, 09:34:16 PM »
1. To push threw abbots neoconservatism in Madina, Fissoa and convert every republic to a constitution with the same basic rights and turn those realms in "the free (western) nations", defending freedom.
Spreading republican liberalism threw out the continent with a polarised vision of the world as one big battle of good vs evil. With tryanical and monarchial nations with none of these liberal rights as the forces of evil.

And... it hasn't occurred to you that you are using 100% modern political terms on an SMA island?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 13, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »
And... it hasn't occurred to you that you are using 100% modern political terms on an SMA island?

off course i am! :p that the beauty of it! it's a big wild land, sociological a freestate like Madina could very well happen in Dwilight (if it existed in a similair world like ours around 1200/1300) until some powerful religious order gets rid of it!

and also please remember this is BM not the real world.
I do agree that it sounds strange and revolutionary, but it does make perfect sense IC.
I am also using modern terms as neoconservatism, to make my point.
in the game i don't call it like that of course...
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 13, 2011, 11:22:17 PM »
I dream to see Dwilight fuly colonized

Zakilevo

« Reply #23: April 14, 2011, 01:33:06 AM »
My dream will change but for now my greatest dream is to conquer Darfix. I wonder how much gold it will generate.

(Palisades are horrible. They burn against fire arrows and explosion arrows. It doesn't unless you are facing knights. Since knights are just huge cans on horses  :o)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 14, 2011, 01:48:56 AM »
Shh, you're getting too close to an idea already in the works...

Yeah, my idea  >:(
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #25: April 14, 2011, 05:14:31 AM »
Actually, not all mongol forces were mounted. The Mongols themselves made up most of the cavalry, while men from previously conquered regions made up the foot soldiers.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
« Reply #26: April 14, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
Actually, not all mongol forces were mounted. The Mongols themselves made up most of the cavalry, while men from previously conquered regions made up the foot soldiers.

Ding ding ding! Give this man a slice of the Khan's own rump ration. Everyone else shall be beheaded.

off course i am! :p that the beauty of it! it's a big wild land, sociological a freestate like Madina could very well happen in Dwilight (if it existed in a similair world like ours around 1200/1300) until some powerful religious order gets rid of it!

and also please remember this is BM not the real world.
I do agree that it sounds strange and revolutionary, but it does make perfect sense IC.
I am also using modern terms as neoconservatism, to make my point.
in the game i don't call it like that of course...

But... there is no progression of previous intellectual thought which might lead to this. No emancipation of peasants and transition from economies of shortage to modern industrial economies where the word "consumerism" even begins to justify the term "neoconservative"! Stop butchering ideas!
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 14, 2011, 09:13:41 AM »
I dream to see Dwilight fuly colonized

People say this, and as a long term goal it may be cool. But to me it is in some ways undesirable. Would not Dwilight lose part of what it is if this were to happen?

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 14, 2011, 10:05:43 AM »
People say this, and as a long term goal it may be cool. But to me it is in some ways undesirable. Would not Dwilight lose part of what it is if this were to happen?

Yesm I meant  it as a long term goal, both for IC and OOC reasons...at this pace it's going to happen in a decade or maybe never, so it fits the perfect loooong term goal :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 14, 2011, 02:35:34 PM »

I don't think so? I see it as the maturation of the island, as it grows to fill its true potential. I would love to see Dwilight completely settled, with 25+ realms. Maybe even 30.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.