Author Topic: What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?  (Read 48453 times)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?
« Topic Start: April 12, 2011, 06:31:01 PM »
Sanguis Astroism on Crusades against all heathens is my dream, not a fear :)

That too, is also my dream.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?
« Reply #1: April 12, 2011, 08:33:56 PM »
I too like that idea.  It is convenient that our enemies have so far delivered themselves to us by attacking us first.   In the end I think we will dominate Dwilight.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 12, 2011, 08:40:08 PM »
To start a successful colony.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 12, 2011, 08:45:25 PM »
To hold the lands I've wanted to hold since the first time I saw the map of Dwilight.

Secondary goal, make a Switzerland-style realm fun.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 12, 2011, 09:24:13 PM »
To see Maroccidens fully colonized.

To see Sanguis Astroism dominate the whole continent (no, my character doesn't want that. But I sure do.).

To fight the Zuma: and win.

To have the title, "Emperor."
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 12, 2011, 09:53:23 PM »
Well, I had a dream to create an empire based on the power of a strong central realm with a strong monarch leading it.  However, that seems to have been taken away.

So I guess I'll have to settle for what I did achieve: holding rulership of a realm on Dwilight for three full years, with a highly autocratic and absolutist monarch.  All this while having to face rebellion after rebellion, sedition after sedition, and two full secessions.

I may have been beaten before I fulfilled my dream, but I think what I achieved along the way was pretty damn impressive anyway  8)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 12, 2011, 09:56:17 PM »
Oh, come now, Tim, you know as well as I do that times change, and people can return with a vengeance.  It'll take longer now, of course, but the dream is still possible.  Besides, as stated you could help someone else set up that empire (grins).
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 12, 2011, 10:13:53 PM »
1. To push threw abbots neoconservatism in Madina, Fissoa and convert every republic to a constitution with the same basic rights and turn those realms in "the free (western) nations", defending freedom.
Spreading republican liberalism threw out the continent with a polarised vision of the world as one big battle of good vs evil. With tryanical and monarchial nations with none of these liberal rights as the forces of evil.

2. create a realm that worships it's royal family as descendants from god in a strict military and religious order rich of culture and passion with lots of innovating concepts like a military academy where one can get his basic degree, marshal degree and even general degree in Military warfare.
The will of the king is the absolute sole law in the land and his family is considered the purest humans with lesser classes of humans following under them, like nobles, soldiers and peasants,.
people born in these classes are believed to have different levels of purity and thus are not able to ascend to a higher class.
this derives from a creation story where the first humans split and mixed with forest creates, alike humans and became sort of primal humans.
The few humans that survived kept the family in the family, so to speak and thus kept there race pure.
these descendants are only able to rule nations, governed by the the second most purest, the nobles and defended by the third purest, the soldiers.
Kind of a racist, religiously incest approving, tyrannical, absolute monarchism ruled by only two families.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:15:39 PM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #8: April 12, 2011, 11:51:55 PM »
Stay alive.

Simple character, simple ambitions, I guess?

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 13, 2011, 12:51:19 AM »
I think my greatest dream has to be for Sanguis Astroism to dominate Dwilight, but through conversion as well as conquest and colonisation. For example an SA Madina, with its Constitution and independent Lords combined with inter-SA politics and theological splits would be awesome.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 13, 2011, 01:06:26 AM »
Truly push the power of the rural regions by holding a realm to ransom by refusing to sell food for anything but extortionate prices!

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 13, 2011, 04:59:25 AM »
Help create a realm that completely occupies the Maroccidens. It's Northern border is south Evenfell and Gretchew, runs all the way down to Candiels, and of course from coast to coast.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 13, 2011, 08:27:49 AM »
I dream to create a realm who thrives and attracts nobles purely because of the amazing culture of the realm and the RP based around its foundation and operation. A realm where every single noble can and does contribute on a daily basis to the RP and culture of the realm and that can act as no other realm has before in the history of BM.

I dream that this will not only come true, but come true relatively soon and that the plans in place for it to happen do not perish.

Also, I dream to be the first ruler of said realm. :)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 13, 2011, 08:50:42 AM »
Dreams change, adept, evolve. I'm certain mine will do the same once I reach a certain point.

For now, to create a realm with a completely different government (by the players) that BM has ever seen including new Lordship election, military, culture, names, etc. It's an idea I've been messing about with for a few months now. I want to bring something unique and new to BM, something no one has encountered yet, ya know?
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: April 13, 2011, 09:02:10 AM »
Well BM hasn't encountered mongols yet so maybe we can make cavalries only realm? :)