Author Topic: Viral BattleMaster ?  (Read 3924 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Viral BattleMaster ?
« Topic Start: March 25, 2013, 04:28:11 AM »
Here's something I've been wondering about:

People have talked me into setting up the BM Facebook page ( http://www.facebook.com/BattleMasterGame ). I'm still skeptical. So how about those of you who believe in social media prove me wrong?

Can we get a viral BM campaign going? Can we use the FB page to reach a lot of new people? Can we make some posting on it go viral, make it shared around a lot so lots and lots of people see it?

Can we? Can YOU ?

egamma

Re: Viral BattleMaster ?
« Reply #1: March 25, 2013, 01:58:23 PM »
I'd post the Facebook link to the announcements and ask people to like it.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: March 25, 2013, 02:30:24 PM »
I'd post the Facebook link to the announcements and ask people to like it.

I think we already did that a while ago.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 25, 2013, 05:50:18 PM »
I think that to make something go viral is not that easy. People are not so predictable as the agencies believe they are. My sister and brother in law work with advertising and I do something for my company also. One of our banks used that viral you tube that went viral, with a little boy laughing when his father rip a paper. They used it into a bank campaign to avoid paper and it went viral again. And many marketeers said it wouldn't work.
Another store received thousands of likes when a employee was rude and not polite with a customer answering questions at Facebook. So its like the quote we have here: "talk bad but talk about me".

I am not sure how you feel Tom about paying for one good campaign. I believe many of us would pay (i would) for one time help.

I think BM is one game that deserve to have a good advertising and to be listed as the the good game it is, but, this can change the game a lot.
If now we have players absolutely (many or most of them) committed to the game. Having more people of the kind that arrive with advertising will cause a lot of complains. and other behaviors that we will not like.

My advise would be to make a campaign and deal with the problems later.

My personal experience with advertising my own company at Facebook, is that we need to talk about things general people like, and not only about what we do or sell. Every successful page with non payed advertising post a lot of non related subjects.
All the others pay.

Another way to make Battlemaster visible is to have a social media based store. I don't know any in English but I can try to find. I remember you had some shirts and mugs and now your book. A e-commerce based on social media give a lot of visibility.

Well those are my thoughts about this matter. I am willing to help in any way I can, including money if not much :)
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 25, 2013, 06:49:06 PM »
I would also point out that Facebook != Social Media. If you guys were on Google+ or even twitter, I would "Follow" you. I will have nothing to do with Facebook though.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: March 25, 2013, 07:18:06 PM »
I would also point out that Facebook != Social Media. If you guys were on Google+ or even twitter, I would "Follow" you. I will have nothing to do with Facebook though.

https://twitter.com/BattleMasterOrg

Not on G+, though.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: March 25, 2013, 07:18:53 PM »
I think that to make something go viral is not that easy.

I'm sure it isn't. That's why I posted this challenge: Show me that Social Media can work for BM or I'll stop caring about it. Because my time is limited and I need to put it where it makes a difference.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 25, 2013, 07:31:28 PM »
So, no. I don't think Facebook make a difference the way it is today. The posts there are interesting only for BM players. Unless you make something that make our events show at Facebook, and a option to log in with Facebook and all this hateful options (for many of us) I don't think it will make much difference.
A paid advertising will do.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 25, 2013, 08:26:32 PM »
I should add here that I think that you need a facebook page, a twitter account, a G+ profile, a Linkedin account, all those social networks to have Battlemaster showing up and easy to find.
There are tools (i need to search my papers of a course I did about SEO) that show to you all the most important websites they recommend you to make a account. So, please don't close them. :)

Oh, and to add that social media ecommerce is different that facebook. Is a tool that use facebook as a frontpage to see products.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:28:18 PM by miriam ics »

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 26, 2013, 11:17:37 AM »
Another great thing would be recruitment threads in other forum. I started one a few days ago in Cantr II and have managed to convince three players to join BM.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 26, 2013, 10:40:15 PM »
After the DNS problem of yesterday, I was thinking about one more option. We could make a FAQ at Facebook and or G+ and use it to help newbies and to give another place to look when something happen to the game.
Maybe a more familiar enviroment to some.
This FAQ could work like a *bump* at the Facebook page.
Problem is, would we have people willing to do this there?

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 28, 2013, 04:17:22 PM »
One idea.
We could make a contest were everyone could write a project for a viral.
I have a few ideas in my mind yet.