Author Topic: Battlemaster down?  (Read 11240 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster down?
« Topic Start: March 27, 2013, 04:50:31 AM »
Typically, ISP's update their DNS's within 24 to 48 hours of a change, but the longest that I've ever heard about is 72 hours.  If you are on a cell network, you pretty much have to wait.

With that said, I would strongly recommend against using Proxies or OpenDNS's.  Why?  Anytime you use the internet, everything you do is passed along to your ISP.  By adding a Proxy or another DNS, you are sending all your data to another company who can abuse it by data mining, selling it, and several other security issues.  If you have a problem with an ISP, you can simply cancel it.  However, proxies and several OpenDNS's are not required to remove your data like most ISP's tend to do.  If you don't care about your internet privacy or the security of your data, then you don't have to worry.  On a side note, read the privacy policy on pretty much any proxy and they openly admit that they store your information and data (sometimes by law).  I saw one proxy state they keep all data even after you stop using them for 2 years.

Is that bad? I do a lot of private work online which includes using money transfers etc. Should I not be using the 4442 8888 thing?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there