Author Topic: Battlemaster down?  (Read 11245 times)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster down?
« Reply #15: March 27, 2013, 05:19:37 PM »
Most of the DNS look up tools are reporting error and show only NS3 and NS4.

Maybe there is something wrong with the settings of the new NS server?
I use googles DNS always and I did not have problem, not even at the Iphone, but many people are still unable to log.
Anything we can do to help?
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #16: March 27, 2013, 05:51:33 PM »
Anything we can do to help?

Unfortunately not. There's not even anything I can do at this time, just have to wait for the zone to be transferred and updated.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 27, 2013, 06:27:51 PM »
Chrome gives me this use cached copy option. Works it seems. With that I can acces site. Keeps going down in firefox ad explorer after a while.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:29:31 PM by mikm »

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 28, 2013, 12:10:56 AM »
I just read about this Spam attack.
http://www.tgdaily.com/hardware-brief/70493-worldwide-spam-war-breaks-out
Maybe this is somehow related with the slowness of the servers to propagate DNS?
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 28, 2013, 03:54:06 AM »
If you don't want to change your DNS to other provider you can go to:
X:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc   (X:\ being your hard drive where windows folder is located, open the file called hosts with Notepad and add this at the bottom, save and overwrite current one:
178.77.77.28 battlemaster.org forum.battlemaster.org bugs.battlemaster.org wiki.battlemaster.org maps.battlemaster.org  If your hosts file is set to Read-Only just right click it>properties and uncheck Read-Only.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:25:05 AM by sharkattack »

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 28, 2013, 09:55:14 AM »
Tom or anybody who can help me out here.

Will our character autopauses, lose titles etc when we cannot login Battlemaster due to DNS issue? 1 week of DNS update will cause this, it is a good question that somebody raise up on Facebook Battlemaster.

Thank you in advance :)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: March 28, 2013, 10:50:26 AM »
Tom or anybody who can help me out here.

Will our character autopauses, lose titles etc when we cannot login Battlemaster due to DNS issue? 1 week of DNS update will cause this, it is a good question that somebody raise up on Facebook Battlemaster.

Thank you in advance :)
Just download chrome and use the cashed copy of the webpage. They give you that option when you first fail to conect.
I couldnţt acces forums before trying this.

Zakilevo

« Reply #22: March 28, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »
How long will this go on? A week? A month? :o

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: March 28, 2013, 05:19:15 PM »

It's not about the BM site. It's about your ISP or something else on your side. I haven't had to apply any of the fixes mentioned here, and it I can access the site just fine. It was only out for half a day.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #24: March 28, 2013, 05:46:58 PM »

It should not have lasted more than a day.

The worst case is probably a week.

Zakilevo

« Reply #25: March 28, 2013, 06:55:42 PM »
I don't have any problem. I didn't even know we were having this problem until people were talking about it on IRC.

What I am worried about is new people quitting due to this DNS problem :( We've been getting some new active people recently and this may make them quit the game.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: March 28, 2013, 07:43:56 PM »
I don't have any problem. I didn't even know we were having this problem until people were talking about it on IRC.

What I am worried about is new people quitting due to this DNS problem :( We've been getting some new active people recently and this may make them quit the game.
I am rather sure you are right. Not much can be done about it at this point though.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: March 28, 2013, 07:45:15 PM »
Well, we could mass-mail the e-mail address associated with all active BattleMaster accounts with an explanation of the problem. That's a Tom thing, though.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: March 28, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »
This is a good idea.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #29: March 28, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
Ok, write me a text, please.