Author Topic: Roleplaying issue  (Read 2716 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Roleplaying issue
« Topic Start: March 26, 2013, 04:07:49 PM »
Hello.
Stickies in this section state that the Courthouse is meant for (possible) violations of the social contract and the IR. Does this mean I should take cases regarding roleplaying ettiquete (basically things that violate http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Roleplaying imo) elsewhere?

I would like to ignite discussion regarding the roleplays of a certain character. What is the appropriate board to do so? I'll add that if a transgression would be attested, I would like to see the RP rules/guidelines inforced, so that's why I came to the Courthouse.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplaying issue
« Reply #1: March 26, 2013, 04:22:01 PM »
There is no body to oversee roleplaying in BattleMaster. It is intended to be policed by the players. Thus, I think this is probably the wrong venue for this post. General Discussion would probably be more appropriate.

That said, I do not see any problem with posting on the forum about perceived abuses of the roleplaying guidelines. Not only does it open such issues to the community for discussion, it also helps to spread understanding and knowledge of the guidelines. Furthermore, simply bringing such issues into the open can be sufficient punishment for those who have truly breached the guidelines—and sufficient vindication for those who have been unjustly accused of doing so.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 26, 2013, 05:17:49 PM »
As Tim said, there is no official enforcement of roleplaying. Trying to do so would be a stinking morass of crap, and an open invitation to flame wars.

If you do try to bring up some issues on the forums, please remember to be polite about it, and not try to turn it into an open invitation to slag some particular player/family.

If it is actually an abuse of the Social Contract, then refer the case to the Magistrates or the Titans.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 26, 2013, 05:25:40 PM »
Thank you for your swift replies.

The issue I referred to does not break the social contract for as far as I see. I can understand why it is both difficult and unwanted to 'police' roleplays, or roleplaying.

I'll consider what I intend to do next, open a topic in the General Discussions board, or just ignore the object of my irritation :)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 26, 2013, 06:23:48 PM »
The Important Note about the GM's only really doing stuff for Spellmaster does not really stand out, so could it be edited to either be a different color or edited to include bold onto 'These rules were, more or less, written for SpellMaster.' For the color change, I am only talking about the words, 'Important Note'.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton