Author Topic: Sage Hide and Seek  (Read 1321 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Sage Hide and Seek
« Topic Start: March 28, 2013, 08:20:43 PM »
Ok, so I find a sage in a region, and get him to improve one item, then he goes to another region. After about a day, during which I was investigating, I find out where he has gone and travel there.

I arrive, but have too much fatigue to do anything. So, half a day after he arrives, he leaves, before I can even do anything. Now I have to wait approx another day until he arrives somewhere else. And this is not the first time that It had happened.

Very much hide and seek. Do sages routinely run around so much? I'm guessing there might have been an adventurer who forced him to run away, although they aren't in the region right now...

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
Re: Sage Hide and Seek
« Reply #1: March 29, 2013, 10:40:45 AM »
It's pretty routine. It used to be easier to find a sage, but nowadays it's practically impossible - or, at least, not very worthwhile.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 29, 2013, 03:32:03 PM »
You simply have to be smart on how you use your hours. I have followed sages and wizards for several months and never lost them. That helped me create 6 scrolls. They may pack up after you use them but they will still be in the area and you will have to wait to be able to listen to rumors. And they only move on turn change so if you are getting close and your hours are low dont waste them hunting or gathering as you might need them for travel.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 29, 2013, 09:06:46 PM »
Also, try to make contact with other adventurers so they can tell about the sages they meet.
At Corsanctum/Morek, we have a guild.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."