Author Topic: End Aurvandil's Blatant Cheating  (Read 13919 times)

BattleMaster Server

End Aurvandil's Blatant Cheating
« Topic Start: March 31, 2013, 10:33:48 PM »
Summary:End Aurvandil\'s Blatant Cheating
Violation:Multi accounts
World:Dwilight
Complainer:Pat wiley
About:Mendicant

Full Complaint Text:

Although Mendicant's accounts have been locked it's well established that he is not the only multi account player in Aurvandil. 

The realm is already prepping for his next horde of accounts to come back and rule the realm again.

If something isn't done Aurvandil will always remain a mecca for cheaters. 

The entire realm needs to be given a warning. If there's one more confirmed case of multi account cheating the entire realm should be erased and all its players banned. 

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:25:42 AM by ^ban^ »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: End Aurvandil\'s Blatant Cheating
« Reply #1: March 31, 2013, 10:38:26 PM »
So... where's the evidence? What exactly are the accusations?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 31, 2013, 10:43:29 PM »
That sounds like the kind of complaint that should just be plain rejected.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 31, 2013, 10:58:01 PM »
From the realm board on D'Hara. I've withheld names and expletives. I've invited all these players to join this thread:

"_____ing cheaters have all of the leeway in the world to profit from Mendicant's multies, if they even caught all of them yet. They destroyed Madina, D'Hara, Barca, and Terran, and now that we rebuilt, they are still in a perfect shape to come destroy us again.

Makes me sick. If nothing happens to Aurvandil, I don't know how much longer I can pull myself to play this game. All of our efforts were and are useless, because some people only care about winning. This game has had so many mass cheater problems, most of them lingering for a long time before being found out and many of them only being found out because the cheaters came out to admit it, makes one feel stupid for wasting so much time playing legitimately.

I'm really pissed off with BattleMaster and the people who think that merely locking multi accounts fixes anything or renders any kind of justice whatsoever."

When I asked how many he had:

"IIRC from what I read on the forums there were something like 14.

One of which was in Iashalur by the way (Farahnaz Augusta)."

(That particular  multi was part of a rebellion so might be worth investigating that. Come to think of it his rebels were mostly newbies that started in realm)

"That _______ Mendicant finally got account locked? About time. Let's hope something more permanent is done this time. This farce has been going on way to long."

"Yea, Mendicant and a tonload of his multies have finally been locked. According to some, he already made new accounts. I don't have the exact number, about 12-22 in Aurvandil were locked I think, along with some a bit all over the continent. He basically had all of the important titles for himself.

And now those unscrupulous collaborators have absolutely no shame in glorifying Mendicant, naming him their eternal leader, and placing a regent "until his return".

With his 12-22 accounts were a ton of characters on other continents constantly funneling gold for investments in Aurvandil.

Now they have a strong realm they never should have had, with crippled neighbors and a huge army, and they get to bully D'Hara again, because nobody seems to give a ___that they gained all of this through shameless and blatant cheating. A bunch of us have been saying how rotten that realm smelled since the very beginning.

And to think that he's already making new accounts, and that odds are he probably had friends doing the same without getting caught, or multies avoiding the radar, it truly disgusts me, because as far as I'm concerned, Aurvandil is still a cheater's nest. If the GMs don't care to properly prevent such abuse, and then sanction those who profit from it, they may as well just remove the rule altogether and allow everyone to run as many multies as they want. I don't care to play 50 characters, but I'm pissed off that some get to pull of 20 or so accounts fully supporting a realm, for a single player, while all we get is a single character.

I've been cheated against in the past, but never this badly. It was always low-level, and when a stop was put to it, it seriously stopped. But this was massive long-time cheating, with evidence of it resuming right away. Why even try to play fairly and fight for anything when this one douchebag can just plop a dozen characters and do whatever the !@#$ he wants? The whole damn continent couldn't bring him down, and now we are gonna have to face them alone? What's the point? No diplomacy or fighting will achieve anything, and trying is not only pointless, but frustrating as hell because these collaborators are lousy RPers and extremely unpleasant to play with."

"Come to think of it, didn't Glaumring mention on the forums that Asylon has been getting "new people" suddenly?"

"Your telling me! I was one of those who smelled something fishy right from the start. Tarajist's own knight of Panabuk (Reign Beaux, who I notice has NOT had their account locked) was one of those who suddenly showed up, said just enough to get a knighthood and then went silent until it came time for Mendicant's little duchy theft, at which point he turned traitor without a word and was given a prominent position in Aurvandil. I filed Titan reports that went nowhere.

Apparently the same cheaters did it in Fontan too.

I've dealt with cheating before, but yeah, not this blatant. In Mesh our judge (decidedly anti-Tarajist, but whatever, that happens allot) was having an argument with him when suddenly her next reply... came from an entirely different character from another family who was not involved at all. Oops! A few days later both accounts vanished. And then there is the whole Daimon/Blood Cult connection. Sure, legitimate role playing going on there but then when Tarajist figured out the connection... I got a !@#$ing TITAN warning! Absolute bull!@#$. Not to mention the utter tripe the Daimon 'player' (I refuse to call that a GM, they were clearly taking sides and liberties, you should have SEEN the garbage they said in Mesh that was considered 'roleplaying' on their part!). I brought this up with Tom and the Titans and got no single word or explanation. This is when I really figured out the double standard in Battlemaster for cheating and abuses.

All I can do is play legit and hope honour and fair play wins the day... a rather vain hope at times.
"

I know in the past Tom has intervened in game breaking circumstances. Usually situations where there's too much peace but this seems like as good a reason to intervene as any.

If there's a designated cheater realm the whole thing needs to get wiped out. In RP say the nobles there were using black magic which backfired killing them all.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 31, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »
That sounds like the kind of complaint that should just be plain rejected.

Multi account cheating to rule an entire realm should be rejected?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 31, 2013, 11:04:57 PM »
Multi account cheating to rule an entire realm should be rejected?

"Everybody knows there's still loads of cheating" (without any evidence given) and "one more confirmed case of cheating and every player in the realm should be banned" should be rejected.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 31, 2013, 11:10:07 PM »
Isn't the fact that they've reserved a spot for Mendicant to reestablish himself after his lock period is over evidence?

"one more confirmed case of cheating and every player in the realm should be banned" should be rejected.

Fair enough I'm just throwing ideas out there.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:16:45 PM by pcw27 »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 31, 2013, 11:24:45 PM »
Isn't the fact that they've reserved a spot for Mendicant to reestablish himself after his lock period is over evidence?

Seems irrelevant to me, since his lock period is permanent.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 31, 2013, 11:30:34 PM »

True, he'll have to use one of his other alts. What a pity.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 31, 2013, 11:33:43 PM »
True, he'll have to use one of his other alts. What a pity.

If you know who they are, and can provide evidence, you are urged in the strongest possible terms to report them to the Titans.

There is no other recourse against cheaters. The Magistrates have no tools to detect, confirm, or punish cheaters. Complaining about cheaters in-game, on the forum, on IRC, or anywhere else will get exactly nothing done. There is one and only one way to deal with cheaters, and that is to report them to the Titans.
Timothy Collett

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 31, 2013, 11:34:06 PM »

Its certainly evidence of collaboration isn't it? Doesn't this warrant more investigation? If enough players ask the Titans to look into this are odds at all good that they'll look into it?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 31, 2013, 11:34:19 PM »
Again, where's the evidence? Where's the list of suspected accounts? What have they supposedly done?

I can't even count all the times we have received accusations of multis that "everyone knows" are guilty, with no more evidence than they started in the same month, or have names from the same anime series. If you want an accusation to be taken seriously, you need evidence, and a specific set of accounts that you think are involved. What I see quoted above is a bunch of angry people who are taking scraps of information, combining it with insubstantiated rumour, and letting their imaginations run away with it. There's nothing in this report that even deserves being glanced at, let alone investigated.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 31, 2013, 11:36:59 PM »
If you know who they are, and can provide evidence, you are urged in the strongest possible terms to report them to the Titans.

There is no other recourse against cheaters. The Magistrates have no tools to detect, confirm, or punish cheaters. Complaining about cheaters in-game, on the forum, on IRC, or anywhere else will get exactly nothing done. There is one and only one way to deal with cheaters, and that is to report them to the Titans.

Dustole reported interacting with new accounts that seemed to fit the same pattern as the locked accounts.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 31, 2013, 11:38:29 PM »
Again, where's the evidence? Where's the list of suspected accounts? What have they supposedly done?

I can't even count all the times we have received accusations of multis that "everyone knows" are guilty, with no more evidence than they started in the same month, or have names from the same anime series. If you want an accusation to be taken seriously, you need evidence, and a specific set of accounts that you think are involved. What I see quoted above is a bunch of angry people who are taking scraps of information, combining it with insubstantiated rumour, and letting their imaginations run away with it. There's nothing in this report that even deserves being glanced at, let alone investigated.

I think the anger is really coming from the fact that, despite a HUGE amount of cheating and wrong-doing, the realm of Aurvandil is suffering almost nothing. Or rather, the honest players who suffered at the hand of Mendicant's cheating are being basically told "hey, we know you're honest players and were duped by a massive cheart, too bad deal with it."

It just feels wrong for a lot of people, and it doesn't appear that, even though the cheating was discovered, that no justice was done.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 31, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
Dustole reported interacting with new accounts that seemed to fit the same pattern as the locked accounts.

Then

have him report them to the Titans.

Or shut up about it.
Timothy Collett