Author Topic: April Fool Joke  (Read 9464 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
April Fool Joke
« Topic Start: April 01, 2013, 09:18:45 PM »
Well.. I was kinda expecting another of those witty jokes this year from Tom. Guess he is quite busy or forgot 1st April. Last year's one was a bang! Ooh!
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Zakilevo

Re: April Fool Joke
« Reply #1: April 01, 2013, 09:22:55 PM »
Well.. I was kinda expecting another of those witty jokes this year from Tom. Guess he is quite busy or forgot 1st April. Last year's one was a bang! Ooh!

What are you talking about? It is on your log-in page. That apple or google app video is this year's joke.

egamma

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 01, 2013, 09:33:30 PM »
I was in the back a while ago and saw the date, and i was wondering what will happens this year.

What are you talking about? It is on your log-in page. That apple or google app video is this year's joke.

Really?

I never put much attention to it, i was like "that's not gonna work" so i skipped after the first 6 seconds.

Well, you can't expect greatness every year.

Eirikr

« Reply #4: April 01, 2013, 09:46:16 PM »
I was in the back a while ago and saw the date, and i was wondering what will happens this year.

Really?

I never put much attention to it, i was like "that's not gonna work" so i skipped after the first 6 seconds.

Well, you can't expect greatness every year.

Since it came up early, I thought it was a DNS fix for phones and never clicked the video. :p It took the forum post for me to watch it.

egamma

« Reply #5: April 01, 2013, 10:29:01 PM »
Since it came up early, I thought it was a DNS fix for phones and never clicked the video. :p It took the forum post for me to watch it.

I think it came up at midnight, Germany time.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: April 01, 2013, 11:24:48 PM »
Like every year, some people think it's great, some people think we had better ones. It's a personal preference thing.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 01, 2013, 11:43:59 PM »
I thought it was sublime. I saw the video last night and I fell for it hook line and sinker! Felt rather silly once the alarm went up here in the forums!

Eirikr

« Reply #8: April 02, 2013, 12:03:59 AM »
I think it came up at midnight, Germany time.

Oh probably, but I thought I saw it a full day ago.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 02, 2013, 12:05:31 AM »
Oh probably, but I thought I saw it a full day ago.

And just what time do you think it is right now...?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 02, 2013, 12:50:09 AM »
haha I thought with the server change you decided to have advertising. Never clicked on it thinking it was just that... An Advertisement!
Forbes Family

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 02, 2013, 01:42:37 AM »
I thought it was sublime. I saw the video last night and I fell for it hook line and sinker! Felt rather silly once the alarm went up here in the forums!

Tee hee (hentai style), I chastised Ironsides for raising the alarm, the better to watch people fall for it!  Also much more fun to tongue in cheek sell the prank.

Eirikr

« Reply #12: April 02, 2013, 03:35:44 AM »
And just what time do you think it is right now...?

Oh, right, day and half (almost two now). That's what I get for not finishing a post and leaving the browser open for a while!

Zakilevo

« Reply #13: April 02, 2013, 04:00:40 AM »
This year's April Fool was great. People finally heard Tom's voice.  ;)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #14: April 02, 2013, 06:15:43 AM »
This year's April Fool was great. People finally heard Tom's voice.  ;)

Yeah, though I'm not proud of that particular piece. Just didn't have time to make it really good.