Author Topic: Cathay VS Principality of Zonasa  (Read 27675 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Cathay VS Principality of Zonasa
« Reply #15: April 04, 2013, 01:50:36 PM »
Letter from Velax de Vere   (12 minutes ago)
Message sent to the Rulers of Far East (7 recipients)
Dear rulers of the Far East,

I am somewhat surprised at these events. I had thought the sun would set in the east before Kindara declared war on Zonasa.

Despite the reasons for war declared here, it has not gone unnoticed that should Cathay and Kindara conquer or destroy the Principality, it will result in Cathay being allied to every non-Empire realm in the Far East. Your previous vehement statements against joining the Empire, King Galiard, along with phrases such as "counter-weight to the Empire" and the fact that I was kept in the dark about these war plans, would seem to indicate this is no accident. It is my belief that you are forming a coalition to stand against the Empire, whether to break it apart or prevent its expansion. And while an Empire that expands no further may be in Cathay's best interests, it is certainly not in mine. A coalition of every non-Empire realm in the Far East represents a direct threat to my realm and to the Empire, and I will not allow that to happen. The threat posed by Ohnar's alliance with Aenilia was but a gentle breeze compared to the howling gale that this war represents.

To respond to the potential threat posed by such a Southern Coalition, the Arcaean Empire will march to aid Zonasa in this war.

Yours sincerely,
Velax de Vere
Emperor of Arcaea
Royal of Arcaea
Marshal of Imperial Arcaean Legion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Christ.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre