Author Topic: Cathay VS Principality of Zonasa  (Read 28085 times)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Cathay VS Principality of Zonasa
« Reply #45: April 08, 2013, 09:37:13 PM »
I don't think many of the rulers on the FEI smack-talk OOC. Most of us are like 'yeah, my character can be a prick, sure hope he wins but wtvr.'

There are things I'd change about the FEI (like the geography - poor Dark Isle players...) but the lack of animosity between the players is one of the nicer things about it. Velax could be crashing dragons into Galiard's throne room without either of us worried that we're going to get a lot of bitching and moaning in OOC messages.

We'd just be busy plotting on how to get our own Dragons.    Anything you can do. . . I can do better :D

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: April 08, 2013, 09:57:21 PM »
This has got to be the only locals subforum here that grows more silent when there's a war  ::)

Sorry i can't help you much i am a follower of faith, and conflicts have no room on my heart.

But don't be shy, come closer let me tell you about the greatness of the Gods!

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: April 09, 2013, 03:36:53 AM »
I assure you, I am doing everything in my power to deserve them. :)
That you are. Galiard's actions seem likes he wants to die. On the plus side, this will be a great war that you have made.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: April 09, 2013, 04:32:22 AM »
You need to sell tickets if you can organize kamikaze dragon attacks  ;D

Dragons? Ohnar west has them all! Don't wake them  ;)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: April 09, 2013, 05:28:29 AM »
Galiard's actions seem likes he wants to die.

Of course he doesn't. But he is ninety years old. He's going to die anyway. So there's not much sense in him pretending otherwise.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: April 09, 2013, 06:01:12 AM »
I am just curious to see how the various realms line up with the war expanding to include the empire...

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: April 09, 2013, 10:19:35 AM »
And yeah... Ozrat... what a mess. Sorraine has been a slow-motion train wreck almost since Day 1.

Whoa, I take offense to that statement. This is on you too.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: April 09, 2013, 11:16:10 AM »
Velax could be crashing dragons into Galiard's throne room...

Son of a...who told you my plans?!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: April 09, 2013, 01:03:46 PM »
Whoa, I take offense to that statement. This is on you too.
You were the only thing holding it together, I think. You're right, though, in that we all bear some responsibility for it. But that doessnt change the facts of the matter.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: April 09, 2013, 01:32:05 PM »
Of course he doesn't. But he is ninety years old. He's going to die anyway. So there's not much sense in him pretending otherwise.

Erm...he may be 90 in RP years (that's up to you), but the game only considers him 67.

And he's not a Hero, so he's not going to die unless you manage to get him captured by someone who's banned him.

So....yeah; not sure where you're coming from with this.  ???
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: April 09, 2013, 01:41:10 PM »
Erm...he may be 90 in RP years (that's up to you), but the game only considers him 67.

That's only because he was cryogenically frozen for a while.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: April 09, 2013, 02:43:24 PM »
That's only because he was cryogenically frozen for a while.
Pretty sure paused characters age.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: April 09, 2013, 02:50:51 PM »
, but the game only considers him 67.

This may have changed, but at some point that number was 'physical age.' Galiard has been around since 2005. He returned in '07 after I left the game in early '06 and he's been paused a couple times since then. I just RPed him as still being as old as he was rather than being a nonspecific offspring with the same name. I always just played it as he spent several years on the beach in Ossaet (his original Duchy) with his wife when he got fed up with ruling and that took some years off of him. Paused characters do (or did) age but it's pretty slow.

His number's up pretty soon one way or the other just in that he's been around for so $#!%! long that it's become more weird than interesting to talk about 'how things used to be' or people he used to know when the great majority of them not only aren't around but haven't been around in two or three generations of BM.

Even if he doesn't die or retire, I enjoy playing Cathay's King but I believe in turnover and I'm coming up on a year since the secession from Toupellon and re-establishment of Cathay. It's been a good run and I prefer not to wait until he gets stale.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: April 09, 2013, 02:54:51 PM »
This may have changed, but at some point that number was 'physical age.'

Er...well, yes; that was what I meant. I just phrased it unclearly :)

And don't get me wrong: I have no objection to RPing your character's age as being different from their physical age, or to death by RP. It was just that the way you said it sounded like you thought that he would die of old age. ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: April 09, 2013, 02:57:35 PM »
it sounded like you thought that he would die of old age

He will. It just may not be the game that decides when that happens.