Author Topic: Cathay VS Principality of Zonasa  (Read 28097 times)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Cathay VS Principality of Zonasa
« Reply #60: April 09, 2013, 04:36:14 PM »
He will. It just may not be the game that decides when that happens.

Us old men need to go sooner or later. . . somehow I'll be surprised if both my characters make it through the war.  And if both make it more than a year game time past that.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: April 12, 2013, 05:53:52 AM »
I love looting. Especially since I never get to. It just makes me giddy.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: April 12, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »
You were the only thing holding it together, I think. You're right, though, in that we all bear some responsibility for it. But that doessnt change the facts of the matter.

Thanks for the possible compliment, I think. So how did you lose lordship over the city of Akanos? I've been meaning to ask, considering you loved that city more than you've loved anything.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: April 12, 2013, 03:03:37 PM »
I love looting. Especially since I never get to. It just makes me giddy.

I miss looting. Velax is generally a Cavalier, so doesn't get to do it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: April 12, 2013, 03:09:57 PM »
So how did you lose lordship over the city of Akanos?
Taylin got captured during the war with OW, and llost lordship. Yarvik got elected before she got out. Yarvik offered to give it back, but she declined, letting him keep it. Taylin still ultimately owns it, as it is in her duchy. Close enough.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: April 13, 2013, 01:51:30 AM »
I miss looting. Velax is generally a Cavalier, so doesn't get to do it.
Son of...I am planning on making Benedict a Cavalier but that is going to suck.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: May 12, 2013, 04:39:05 PM »
So...

This war is pretty tense so far. The Imperial North has smashed the Southern Coalition quite nicely, especially in Aenilia, but, the arrival of winter will probably benefit the southerners much more. What are the predictions?
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: May 12, 2013, 04:42:03 PM »
Son of...I am planning on making Benedict a Cavalier but that is going to suck.

Well, on the upside, Velax does get to lead pretty much of a whole RC of elite cavalry.

So...

This war is pretty tense so far. The Imperial North has smashed the Southern Coalition quite nicely, especially in Aenilia, but, the arrival of winter will probably benefit the southerners much more. What are the predictions?

I think what happens in winter will depend pretty heavily on the next battle of Paplarmi.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: May 12, 2013, 08:19:51 PM »
Well, on the upside, Velax does get to lead pretty much of a whole RC of elite cavalry.

I think what happens in winter will depend pretty heavily on the next battle of Paplarmi.

Indeed.  Though Zonasa is pretty much run through at this point by Kindara.    Without Arcaea there they would definitely lose Paplarmi and possibly another region during Winter.

Actually, depending on how movement is on both sides the battle should be quite close.   Pity neither of my characters is involved :(

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: May 12, 2013, 09:25:32 PM »

A 93-man unit of 90/85 Cavalry does tend to leave a bit of a mark, as those five Aenilians in Larmebsi found out.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #70: May 12, 2013, 09:41:12 PM »
So...

It's called a delaying action. Delay long enough, and we'll win by virtue of the Principality no longer being able to fight.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: May 12, 2013, 11:27:36 PM »
A 93-man unit of 90/85 Cavalry does tend to leave a bit of a mark, as those five Aenilians in Larmebsi found out.

That's just an awesome unit. 

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: May 13, 2013, 06:43:30 AM »
Damn, poor Alpha. Haven't seen a noble killed in battle since the Great Southern War. At least it was a good battle.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: May 13, 2013, 07:08:59 AM »
I hadn't expected Elk to assign militia in Palanos. That pretty much removed any chance of victory there.

I'm somewhat surprised Alpha hadn't been killed before now. I started him in 2005, with about a 6 month break between then and now, and played as a hero for the whole time. Last hero I remember being killed was Senoske, which was right after I started back in 2008/09, I think.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: May 13, 2013, 07:28:55 AM »
Nah, Xarnelf was the last hero killed on FEI in 2011, I think.

Send me your death RP and I'll post it to the Kindarans.