Author Topic: Dukes, Power, and Families  (Read 7240 times)

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Dukes, Power, and Families
« Topic Start: April 13, 2011, 08:37:46 AM »
So, I recently found myself in a very odd situation with my characters on Atamara. My main and most recently most engaged character is the Duke of the capitol of Coria and has been such for a while now since stepping down as Ruler of Coria. Recently, the Duke of Coria's second city was killed and a referendum began to elect his replacement. It then became a situation where my second character in Coria had a very strong RP claim and IC reason to run for Duke of Coria's second city and thus he did so. With my other characters support and very unaligned voting for the 4 or 5 other candidates, my 2nd character is now Duke of the 2nd city of Coria.

So I'm in the situation where I now have 2 characters in a realm, and 2 Dukes of the 2 cities of Coria.

I am wondering what y'all think of this situation and if you would have done anything differently. I am open to criticism, but I am struggling with having been placed in a situation where to properly RP my characters, and play them with their current IC goals I have been given nearly complete control of a single realm all in the form of a single player. Now, my two characters don't usually work together much, but one is more manipulative of the other when it can be, so it is a very interesting situation indeed.

Anyway, let the forum take it away...