Author Topic: Guess who's back? Tell a friend! Shady's(Seperoth) back.  (Read 8934 times)

ScooterMcCabe

• Peasant
    • View Profile
So reactions to Seperoth coming back and tying up loose ends>

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Weren't you banned in Cathay by Baudoin last year and now you're in Cathay's dungeon?

How does this not end in execution? (I ask because I don't know - haven't executed anyone in years)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
He left the island, thus the ban no longer exists.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
what why is that i don't even

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
what why is that i don't even

Judges have a lot of paperwork to keep up with. I'm sure they just throw away all those pesky bans on people who decide to take a trip overseas. Obviously they're never going to come back.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The mechanic is so old, it has mold growing on it. I'm surprised people are surprised by it. Its the infiltrator's best friend, and puzzles me why people insist on deporting infils instead of executing them.

"Put an end to the criminal sire?" "No, send him on a two week vacation, so he can come back and do it all over again."

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
That's why you don't send them to the Colonies and give them a reason to get back on a ship. Send them somewhere they like to go, so they stick around!

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
That's why you don't send them to the Colonies and give them a reason to get back on a ship. Send them somewhere they like to go, so they stick around!

Or just kill them. Infiltrators are worth a lot of money, the h/p cost is nothing compared to the investment an infiltrator takes. Plus you're more likely to deter infiltrator attacks if you punish them ruthlessly.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

I think sending them on a three hour tour would be more effective. A three hour tour... A three hour tour...

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Or just kill them. Infiltrators are worth a lot of money, the h/p cost is nothing compared to the investment an infiltrator takes. Plus you're more likely to deter infiltrator attacks if you punish them ruthlessly.

There are plenty of reasons where that is not the desirable solution, say when you got a Prisoner Agreement with the enemy Realm protecting your own Infiltrators. IF you deport them, I always thought sending them to the Colonies was the worst idea, in all honesty.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
There are plenty of reasons where that is not the desirable solution, say when you got a Prisoner Agreement with the enemy Realm protecting your own Infiltrators. IF you deport them, I always thought sending them to the Colonies was the worst idea, in all honesty.

Or what you can do is be a just and honorable realm that doesn't employ the service of vagabonds and assassins, and not give a crap about prisoner agreements, giving you the leverage needed to spill as much blood as humanly possible.

That's the point of Battlemaster, right? Kill counts?

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The result is another BM-ism:

Guy who is banished from all realms but one, who banished every noble in the realm where he was a traitor, has now returned and can lecture the realm on how awful it is, and nobody can do much of anything to him. Except ... ban him.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
If he's in your prisons and a member of your realm, can't you ban him then execute/deport him?

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Possibly, if he stays in prison long enough.