Author Topic: High Toprak  (Read 14001 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
High Toprak
« Topic Start: April 06, 2013, 06:30:04 AM »
There really isn't much to be said about politics and personalities of High Toprak (which includes Central Toprak) so I thought to maybe start up this post and get some connections going. Remember, High Toprak is not the Lurian portion of Toprak or the Occidens at all so please leave those conversations for the other threads.

So, Libero, Morek and Corsanctum, what's up? How's the slow burn going?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: High Toprak
« Reply #1: April 06, 2013, 07:51:49 AM »
Geeks of Dwilight. No one pays them any attention.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 07, 2013, 01:49:20 AM »

And that's the problem! Maybe they need an image change?
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 07, 2013, 03:04:54 AM »
Any change will bring a combined SA alliance down on your sorry ass.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 07, 2013, 03:07:03 AM »
I'm sure an image change can happen within the parameters of SA. Or not. Not my area.  :D

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 07, 2013, 03:38:29 AM »

How about
Any change will bring a combined SA alliance down on your sorry ass.

I'm sure an image change can happen within the parameters of SA. Or not. Not my area.  :D

How about above or parallel to Astromancy? If they are willing to try I might have an idea...or two......

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 07, 2013, 03:46:47 AM »
Oh, you mean heresy?

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 07, 2013, 05:58:18 AM »
Oh, you mean heresy?

I shouldn't mean that (as much as they want me to :) ). It has nothing to do with religion.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 07, 2013, 06:01:59 AM »
I shouldn't mean that (as much as they want me to :) ). It has nothing to do with religion.

Yes, it would be too dangerous to meddle in creating or modifying the religion.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 07, 2013, 06:12:48 AM »
SA is serious about religion. Kind of like, you know, a medieval noble would be. None of this mamby-pamby "we're tolerant and welcome all religions" crap that so much of the game has embraced.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 07, 2013, 06:23:20 AM »
SA is serious about religion. Kind of like, you know, a medieval noble would be. None of this mamby-pamby "we're tolerant and welcome all religions" crap that so much of the game has embraced.

Many of the kingdoms in Dwilight didn't have the benefit of being founded with no other religions or cultures around. SA was sort of handheld in the fact that it didn't have competition when it was founded. Many of the other realms of Dwilight have had to form organically taking into account things like other religions and cultures. Plus, no other faiths can be as militant as SA because it would immediately become a threat to SA and be stomped out, so what you get is namby pamby as a survival mechanism.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 07, 2013, 06:25:05 AM »
Yes, we did have an advantage in that we started early. But so could any other religion. Everyone else decided to wait. Their loss.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 07, 2013, 06:27:03 AM »
Yes, we did have an advantage in that we started early. But so could any other religion. Everyone else decided to wait. Their loss.

Well it wasn't like everyone else had a plan written down in the beginning as to some sort of long term strategy made up by a cabal of elders like SA did...  ;)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 07, 2013, 07:54:35 AM »
Well it wasn't like everyone else had a plan written down in the beginning as to some sort of long term strategy made up by a cabal of elders like SA did...  ;)
I know the religion was made up with support for the religion and stuff prior to Dwilight being founded, but there wasn't the "cabal of elders"  (2, 3, even 4 is not a cabal of elders). As to a long term strategy being made up, I don't know if there was but a long term strategy is very general so I don't know why any religion wouldn't have one in the beginning.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 07, 2013, 08:12:52 AM »

Really?  Did you read the sermon by Mathurin for Khari and Rynn's wedding?  Where he stood shoulder to shoulder with Baal the Betrayer and complimented his religion saying it was no different or better than SA?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)