Author Topic: Messociddens  (Read 29191 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Messociddens
« Reply #15: April 08, 2013, 08:38:22 PM »
Our last general left in the middle of campaign because of a spat between him and another noble. It was not good considering the last general was doing well enough but the time wasted inbetween finding a new general and orders was costly. That being said we can recover from it. I find Asylonians can be a bit hotheaded and our own worst enemies. As soon as things are going good we start having little spats and though we encourage them as healthy I think many Asylonians are not aware of how much we have changed and that we are no longer just a small realm and that these spats have higher costs than they did in the past. We call it 'Halleria' syndrome, a syndrome where everything is going good and then one noble starts to panic and think because of one lost battle the war is in full retreat and panic and plotting takes over where rational thought once was. We haven't had the luxury that Astrum has had in fighting alongside various allies and campaigning for months on end. We have always had to fight at a disadvantage against larger forces and in wars with high stakes. We are a young realm, it takes time to find your own feet and probably 80% of Asylon is first time BM players. On the otherhand 90% of the realm is marching when called, fighting as one and learning to run a large war together.

Asylon has several councils, all of our councils are voluntary, none of the nobles on the council have to prove anything beyond a willingness to be active in the councils. It isnt a well oiled machine because of that but it allows even the newest player to have a say in Asylons direction. The military council is all volunteer, the diplomatic council is all volunteer, and the merchants council is all volunteer. They make their own policy and missions. The king can only suggest strategy to the military council, during war no matter the detriment the storm general is the one who makes the decisions, the council is there to advise. This was set up during my reign as to have everyone involved and a seperation of the powers, that is so the king cannot constantly meddle im the affairs of the councils, contrary to popular belief the king in Asylon is merely an idea man, its the councils that actually go about the policy.

The king can say lets attack Astrum, the council will weigh the idea, the nobles will debate a few measures, a deadline will be set for a decision, once the deadline is reached the council enacts the policy and the ranking nobles will take control.

So, that being said, yes we could blame the general but it comes down to decisions and strategy shared by the council.

Its not the most efficient way of doing things but unlike many kingdoms in Dwilight every noble can be apart of the direction of the realm it just takes volunteering for the job, no democracy, no safety net. So far we havent had too many issues, nobles will fight amongst eachother and nobles will leave or stop putting input into the councils or even sabotage decisions. That isnt a concern,those things happen anyways. What is does do is insure that the king remain an idea man and the councils the arm or brains behind the direction of the kingdom.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 08, 2013, 08:47:23 PM »
We are a young realm,

Asylon is one of the older realms on the continent man.

You're not a young realm.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 08, 2013, 08:52:32 PM »
Asylon is one of the older realms on the continent man.

You're not a young realm.

What is considered a young realm then?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 08, 2013, 09:13:30 PM »
Anything formed in the past year or two? Asylon has been around quite a long time. They do, however, tend to have a very poor self-image, apparently. They were quiet, isolated, and irrelevant for quite a long time. They have only recently woken up and realized that there really is a world beyond their own borders.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 08, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »
Anything formed in the past year or two? Asylon has been around quite a long time.

2010-05-11 Caerwyn - City of Echiur secedes to form the monarchy of Asylon. Cleon Cullom is its first Emperor.

Almost but not quite two years ago. Unless you speak in Dwilight years that is: Asylon was founded in the winter of year 10, when Allison was Grandmistress of Xinhai and just after Haruka took over Thulsoma.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 08, 2013, 09:52:23 PM »
It's 2013 now. That date is almost 3 years ago.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 08, 2013, 09:55:41 PM »
It's 2013 now. That date is almost 3 years ago.

Damn. I still write down 2012 sometimes. I really am bad at dates.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 08, 2013, 10:10:28 PM »

Phantaria? Saffalore? Swordfell?

Farronite Republic is younger than Asylon.

Maybe even the current Lurian iteration?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 08, 2013, 10:29:50 PM »

My meaning is that we are a young realm to mattering in world issues. For most of our history we lived as a poor realm and hated by Caerwyn. It wasnt till the Kabrinskian war that Asylon was capable of defending itself and making a name for itself. That isnt long ago. Before that we were fighting monsters and starving. So yes we are an old realm whose potential hasnt been realized until recently.

Part of Asylons image and isolation comes from being a sort of redheaded stepchild of the west, Caerwyn founded it and it and the Thulsoman refugees were invited by Greath Geg to help its founding. Once we arrived we realized after a few months that the emperor at the time wasnt a very active fellow. I had support from the Thulsoman nobility and some of the Caerwyn faction to lead a coup and I took the realm and steered it away from the Virovene type ending it was heading towards. The emperor wasnt communicative or very charismatic, he ran the realm without direction. The consensus sas that it was going to die if something didnt change, once the Thulsoman faction took control I installed a government that was composed of both sides and the council was composed of both sides, where before it was only the Caerwyn faction in control of the government and most regions, only one Thulsoman controlled a region, Vakreno heaps, which was mine. Once I took control I did away with the Caerwyn entitlements and worked to create unity. The Caerwyn faction originally didnt want SA theocrats in the realm, I founded the first SA temple in Vakreno and that caused Caerwyn to cut off diplomatic relations with Asylon.

We then tried to get closer with Astrum but because we werent a full theocracy and rather insignificant they rarely answered our letters, I tried to use what little power I had as a consul to get the theocracies to help us. They were not interested in helping us as we were insignificant and they thought we were loyal to Caerwyn. We then decided that we would go to the Moot and asked for membership and they told us a monarchy and in the messociddens we would not be welcomed as full members. Once again we were isolated. Our last option was relations with the Zuma.

The Asylon you have today is a result of lack of vision by our neighbors, diplomatic isolation and lack of friends has created the beast we are today. If Astrum had of been more friendly we would have easily become a good ally, same for the Moot... Or even Caerwyn. We are the result of failed leadership on part of all those realms.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:44:01 PM by 米酒 »

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 08, 2013, 10:42:21 PM »
My meaning is that we are a young realm to mattering in world issues. For most of our history we lived as a poor realm and hated by Caerwyn. It wasnt till the Kabrinskian war that Asylon was capable of defending itself and making a name for itself. That isnt long ago. Before that we were fighting monsters and starving. So yes we are an old realm whose potential hasnt been realized until recently.

Well, you were basically a client state of Caerwyn's until we broke them. As I recall, you had to tread very lightly between them on one side and the Zuma on the other. That state of affairs ended a while ago however. What is new, I would say, is Asylon's desire to assert itself as a regional power player.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 08, 2013, 11:00:24 PM »
You never considered that your betrayal of Caerwyn might have played against your admission to the moot? You were a proven backstabber...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 08, 2013, 11:03:06 PM »
Well, you were basically a client state of Caerwyn's until we broke them. As I recall, you had to tread very lightly between them on one side and the Zuma on the other. That state of affairs ended a while ago however. What is new, I would say, is Asylon's desire to assert itself as a regional power player.

We werent a client state of Caerwyns since the coup. After that we were trying to get Astrum to take us under their wing but that didnt work out either. Asylon has never been accepted into the Dwilight community. The reason why I didnt found a theocracy after Thulsoma was because during that time Morek and Astrum and Libero considered Thulsoma to be insignificant. I think I pissed in a lot of cornflakes founding that realm where many had claim but none were able. We were isolated even there , Summerdale didnt trust us, Morek didnt communicate with us as equals, Libero wanted our land and Astrum was on the side of Summerdale. It wasnt until Averoth was founded that we had an ally there. I have played on Dwlight since day one as an outcast...  :'(

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 08, 2013, 11:07:31 PM »
You never considered that your betrayal of Caerwyn might have played against your admission to the moot? You were a proven backstabber...

Oh you had no problem signing an alliance with Asylon though... You are a troll.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 08, 2013, 11:22:07 PM »
Oh you had no problem signing an alliance with Asylon though... You are a troll.

I'd ally a great many people I don't like, if it serves my ends. I fail to see your point. Not to mention that allies are much easier to ditch than federation partners.

The context also wasn't the same, though. And you transpose your fear of SA onto everyone. You might believe that SA is the sole reason for everything that everyone does on Dwi, but it really isn't. SA is extremely passive unless you go out of your way to piss them off. Aurvandil and the Lurias are a million times more belligerent. When it came time to found the moot, fear of SA passed well after fear of rogues, fear of the Zuma, fear of the Lurias, fear of Madina/Cearwyn, and fear of lack of food (all in no particular order). Asylon might be scared !@#$less of SA, and SA might be behind every single action you guys take, but to claim that SA in any way stifles the South is ridiculous. The only strong bloc that ever invaded a weaker enemy for no reason whatsoever is the realm Asylon so graciously allied, the cheater's nest of Aurvandil.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 08, 2013, 11:49:20 PM »
I'd ally a great many people I don't like, if it serves my ends. I fail to see your point. Not to mention that allies are much easier to ditch than federation partners.

The context also wasn't the same, though. And you transpose your fear of SA onto everyone. You might believe that SA is the sole reason for everything that everyone does on Dwi, but it really isn't. SA is extremely passive unless you go out of your way to piss them off. Aurvandil and the Lurias are a million times more belligerent. When it came time to found the moot, fear of SA passed well after fear of rogues, fear of the Zuma, fear of the Lurias, fear of Madina/Cearwyn, and fear of lack of food (all in no particular order). Asylon might be scared !@#$less of SA, and SA might be behind every single action you guys take, but to claim that SA in any way stifles the South is ridiculous. The only strong bloc that ever invaded a weaker enemy for no reason whatsoever is the realm Asylon so graciously allied, the cheater's nest of Aurvandil.

Well thanks for admitting to the forum what I've said all along about you being a two-faced snake and a flake. Chenier I'm going to be polite today to you and ask that you not parttake this conversation you are a troll. If everything I say has to be nitpicked down to its basic levels and everything I say totally ignored because my version of events means !@#$ all to you or anyone on dwilight, well I'm sorry but this is how I have experienced the game and this is how I saw the history around me, you have a problem with everything I say anyways. And right now your hatred of Aurvandiil and your insinuation that Asylon is a supporter of cheaters is not needed. I have reported you to the moderators and I hope that they can either remove you from my forum concersations or politely tell you to back off , either way I'm sick of your lies and bull!@#$ and I dont want to have anything to do with you IG and OOG.

And what fear of SA???? I was in SA I was an Consul in SA when Vellos was worshiping his Truins, I was a founder of a theocracy, I speak with the prophet even to this day, I have built temples and I led my armies into battle under the stars. I have no fear of SA. We in Asylon fear Astrum that is all. And Asylons hatred of Terran went way beyond my supposed betrayal. I was the one that kept Asylon friendly to the Moot, and constantly had to sway my fellow nobles from wanting to attack Terran for ages... Im done talking to you Chenier. You are a troll and have just come here to start trouble.

This song perfectly exemplifies the pain and lonliness in my heart and the sadness that Indirik and I have never been friends, this one is for you Indirik...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEcpYftPDbE
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:31:27 AM by 米酒 »