Author Topic: Repetitious Protesting  (Read 2006 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Repetitious Protesting
« Topic Start: April 05, 2013, 08:22:01 PM »
So Terran has 7 nobles. One of them, Kas Mayhem, is protesting every turn.

He's the only one protesting.

And yet I keep losing prestige.

Because he's a royal, I can't have him banned.

Is it really intended that one noble can strip the prestige of every single ruler?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Repetitious Protesting
« Reply #1: April 05, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »
Only in tiny realms like this, where a single noble crosses the threshold for protests counting. Any non-tiny realm doesn't have that problem. But yes, your country basically has all of 7 people that matter, on of them being vocally unhappy is a big deal.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 05, 2013, 08:54:50 PM »
There could be silent protests, as well.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 05, 2013, 09:31:28 PM »
Well, if you're going to be losing prestige every day anyway, you could always make sure that he does, too.

Exile him.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 06, 2013, 03:09:16 AM »
Or, you know, shame them on the forums (like this) and let everyone see them for what they are.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 06, 2013, 03:59:12 AM »
Well Vellos, you can rest easy knowing that Kas won't be in Terran much longer. I saw him headed North. He will probably secure himself a nice retirement region in Niselur, to grow powerful and wealthy while your own realm collapses down around you.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 06, 2013, 04:22:43 AM »
Well Vellos, you can rest easy knowing that Kas won't be in Terran much longer. I saw him headed North. He will probably secure himself a nice retirement region in Niselur, to grow powerful and wealthy while your own realm collapses down around you.

Sort of like buying beachfront property in Corsanctum. Sure, there's no government or infrastructure. And your nearest neighbor is 20 miles away. But the view!

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 06, 2013, 07:49:18 AM »

You don't sound spiteful at all.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)