Author Topic: Family History bug?  (Read 2719 times)

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Family History bug?
« Topic Start: April 08, 2013, 11:50:20 PM »
Somebody knows how much time takes the Family History to receive 'changes'? One of my characters was named Duke three days ago, but the Family History don't show it, nor the Family Fame has increased.

I thought it could take some time, but three days seems a little too much?  :P

egamma

Re: Family History bug?
« Reply #1: April 09, 2013, 05:13:39 PM »
Did you appoint yourself?

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 09, 2013, 05:38:29 PM »
My full history have many events missing, so might be a bug. Idk, maybe the events are just deleted after some time.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 09, 2013, 07:19:01 PM »
Don't rely on the family history to keep track of events. I have a character who's missing his appointments as a Duke and a Margrave from his history. I use the family page on the wiki to keep track of appointments and things myself. If omissions like that are a bug, they've been going on for years. And that strange "0" you get sometimes instead of a name in the history.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 09, 2013, 08:27:26 PM »
Yes, should have done this, but I did not. :(
Now is all gone
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 10, 2013, 12:27:16 AM »
Did you appoint yourself?

mmm... Well... Yes, but It was because I was the best man for the job!  ;D

It affects the Fame points and the history?

egamma

« Reply #6: April 10, 2013, 02:08:33 AM »
mmm... Well... Yes, but It was because I was the best man for the job!  ;D

It affects the Fame points and the history?

It definitely affects fame points.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 11, 2013, 12:18:22 AM »
mmm... so, the fame points is not for being a Duke, but to be named Duke for another noble?  :P

egamma

« Reply #8: April 11, 2013, 06:23:19 AM »
mmm... so, the fame points is not for being a Duke, but to be named Duke for another noble?  :P

Or being elected duke.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 24, 2013, 09:07:33 PM »
There is definitely a family history bug that needs fixing badly. I've seen at least five cases from the last week.

1. Armstrong Ironsides get appointed Duke/Margrave of Oligarch city on EC. Says nothing in family history (player ID: 25990)

2. Mathros Hagakure gets named lord of Morshes by the new Duke of Oligarch (Armstrong Ironsides). Says nothing in family history (player ID: 31713)

3. Carl De La Fere is named lord of Winkamus by the Duke of Partora on EC. Nothing in family history (player ID: 17401)

4. Baard Runar (character of a very new player) changes realm from Arcaea to Sorraine (FEI) but no notice in family history about it (player ID: 34830)

5. My character Silas Kain was named lord of Shyussei by the Duke of Flowrestown on Dwilight. Nothing in family history (player ID: 7127)

So my question is - has a bug report been filed where I can place these cases?
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 25, 2013, 01:23:02 AM »
Based off of scanning the most recent bug reports and then searching all reports for the phrase 'family' and scanning again, I'd say no, there hasn't been a bug report. Please file one.