Author Topic: One Family One Character One Life to Live  (Read 10196 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: One Family One Character One Life to Live
« Topic Start: April 16, 2013, 05:20:49 PM »
Part Three

After an uneventful night of sleep, I woke up to meet another day of helping with errands around the house. When I had the chance I went to the many village meeting places to see if the strange man talking about magic was gone.

You hear rumours that Chrealtenth, the Keeper of the Secret of Dawn passed through here recently.

Thankfully it seemed like any sort of adventure had passed me safely. I am now back on track to collect more supplies for my eventual trip to the city. With enough gold to get to either Rines of Athol Margos, the only question remaining now is which to go to first. Rines is the capital of our republic, and probably will have more activity. But it also will have more nobles, which only means more potential for my peaceful everyday life to be disturbed. Athol Margos might have less activity, but at least there I can probably settle down and find a nice girl. I suppose we can set up a small shop of some sort and slowly work up enough for our children to have when they take over the place.

But right now, I don't even have a bedroll or a tent to sleep in when I'm travelling away from home. My plans involve spending as little as possible and saving to make it to a city, but that means sleeping on the floor. I'm not even sure where I can find a tent or bedroll. From those eccentric fellow commoners who go about adventuring, I learned that at least I am in a rural region where I probably can find a bedroll or some sort of tent, but I do not know whether I should look for pretty plenties, go for a balanced approach, or look for the rare items. Surely, sleeping gear is not that rare?

Gods above, if you can hear me, please be this humble fisherman's son's guide.

Invitation to You

As with my previous attempt that fizzled due to various factors (I do not like how slow Colonies is) forum posters can involve themselves. The in-game translation of the tips you give will be interpreted as inspirations for the character. It is akin to those times when you suddenly get an idea but have no idea from whence it came.

Unlike the previous attempt though, I will provide a little more goal direction for suggestions, since I am trying to get the character to reflect an unremarkable NPC that is a PC in name only. However, if for whatever reason the character gets opportunities to make unique items and/or scrolls, he will do so. In those cases, the character may or may not place the items for sale, with the reasoning behind it being that selling those items requires him to actually talk on his own in-game rather than limit himself to responding to others.

That aside, here's what I'm looking for your help to do:

1. Which city should be Alan's dream destination? The current places in running are Riombaran cities of Rines (the capital), Athol Margos (right next to his home village and the capital), and Grehk (further south, larger city, probably more expensive to live there too (I understand that strictly by mechanics he does not pay more, but by my standards I'd say the cost of living might be greater. Or maybe Rines is greater since it is the capital. It is purely for flavor purposes and does not affect the actual quantity of gold and silver the game says the character has.))

2. How can Alan get a bedroll, old tent, small tent? I think the best option is the small tent, but since it has been over a year since I last played an adventurer (or this game, really) I am not up-to-date.

3. Write down some names with a one-sentence/phrase description including their age, gender, occupation, and general personality. For example: Alan Norman, 20 yo male fisherman, no unique qualities like some pathetic anime protagonist. These should be NPC identities that you do not mind me using in this project. That also means I will take liberties with their actions, though usually it wouldn't consist of more than "I bought a new pair of trousers from Tanya the Tailor." (24 yo female tailor, slightly quirky romantic who dreams of a prince charming even though she lives in a republic) I probably won't make them talk.

Have fun.