Author Topic: Appointing a Duke  (Read 11044 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Appointing a Duke
« Reply #45: March 20, 2013, 12:06:30 PM »
Listing the people you can't appoint, and why, is a good idea. It has been done in certain places before, and has been discussed for this system.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: March 21, 2013, 02:41:31 AM »
Listing the people you can't appoint, and why, is a good idea. It has been done in certain places before, and has been discussed for this system.
I like the idea also. As to the ridiculous I made comment, it was to all the things you were suggesting about the dev team, I didn't see a feature idea in there at all.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: March 21, 2013, 03:36:47 AM »

This, I think is definitely a good idea. It wouldn't be hard to tuck the list of people in the realm, but not in the duchy, who you can't appoint, away behind a disclosure button or something.

Could someone please write this up as a feature request so it's not forgotten?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: April 08, 2013, 08:43:43 AM »
Isn't it that the region he is currently Lord of will become part of the Duchy he is appointed to? I can't remember now, but it should be.

No, and no.

It seems the game disagrees.

A New Duke   (12 hours, 18 minutes ago)
message to all nobles of Arcaea
Velax de Vere, Emperor of Arcaea, Royal of Arcaea, Marshal of Imperial Arcaean Legion has appointed Maurus Barek to the vacant duke position of Central Arcaea. As a result, Irneas is now in the Duchy of Central Arcaea.
[protest options]

After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: April 08, 2013, 02:34:21 PM »
Well, hrmm... not the way I thought it was supposed to work.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.