Author Topic: Allison's Eulogies  (Read 30108 times)

Vessol

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Allison's Eulogies
« Reply #15: April 11, 2013, 09:39:34 PM »
Allison changed a boring character for me into my favorite character to play when I followed her through her antics.
Mithridates Family: Vessol (Nivemus), Samos (Farronite Republic)
The White Tree Times, Newspaper for the East Continent
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_White_Tree_Times

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 11, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »
My favorite was when Allison was kidnapped by pirates!  :P

Ugh,  that was the /worst/ thing I did with Allison
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 11, 2013, 09:54:36 PM »
Yeah, it wasn't really the best thing she ever did. Baiting Caerwyn into prematurely attacking Astrum, leading to the utter destruction of Caerwyn, was probably the best thing Allison ever did.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 11, 2013, 10:01:30 PM »
I had a lot of fun with that one.  Leading the armies to destroy Caerwyn, gloating to Caerwyn and then taking their lands...

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 11, 2013, 10:22:57 PM »
(OOC: Roleplay from Dwilight)

In the wilds of Luria a young knight received the news of the death of his former step mom. Instead of a somber response, Proslyn Silverfire turned almost immediately to his fellow nobles with a cheer and a shout. "Allison, the Harlot of Dwilight, is dead! Drink with me on this grand occasion. "

Elsewhere on Dwilight...

A thin figure overlooked a large city from the bluffs rising near the sea. As he watched the procession he could only think back to times of old. The Serpent of Luria had lain with the Spider of SA for power but stayed for love. Yet, it was for power that he broke the Spider's web and cast her into the sea. Just as he had been the beginning of the end for so many realms, so too had he destroyed one whom he came to love.

With one last look at the city where The Serpent had truly become a changed man, and with tears streaming down his face the man spoke: "Farewell, my Love. May the Bloodstars watch over you and may the soul of Maddening engulf me in your stead. Perhaps by my journey's end I'll truly be able to take your place as second Prophet of the Bloodstars."

And with that the manifestation of Austere turned his back on the city. Maddening would soon join him and now had only to find Auspicious before making his return....
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #20: April 11, 2013, 10:37:09 PM »
Yeah, it wasn't really the best thing she ever did. Baiting Caerwyn into prematurely attacking Astrum, leading to the utter destruction of Caerwyn, was probably the best thing Allison ever did.

This. I still think it isn't well known that the war between Caerwyn and Astrum was a set-up by Allison.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 11, 2013, 11:40:40 PM »
Then there was the impulse actions....taking aegir duchy out of morek. That hit my with surprise. And folding Kabrinskia....ugh that was the worst for me.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 11, 2013, 11:57:31 PM »
And folding Kabrinskia....ugh that was the worst for me.

You should have sided against her and stopped that one...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 12, 2013, 12:03:12 AM »
Then there was the time I was pretty drunk at a party.  It kinda wound down and I was out by the bonfire with my friend Kade.  I was telling him about BM and what was going on.  Through that night I was able to send several messages to Brom within a short time.  Thats how I got the Zuma item and they made the Sceptre of the Maddening Star for Allison in trade.

Only downside is that it cost me 25% of Golden Farrow, Judge of Kabrinskia and marriage to Brom.    I think if I would have been sober I would have drove a slightly harder bargain. 

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 12, 2013, 12:08:30 AM »
Then there was the time I was pretty drunk at a party.  It kinda wound down and I was out by the bonfire with my friend Kade.  I was telling him about BM and what was going on.  Through that night I was able to send several messages to Brom within a short time.  Thats how I got the Zuma item and they made the Sceptre of the Maddening Star for Allison in trade.

Only downside is that it cost me 25% of Golden Farrow, Judge of Kabrinskia and marriage to Brom.    I think if I would have been sober I would have drove a slightly harder bargain.

Best deal in BM ever.

At least you were (not) drunk enough to have given Brom his first demand of Lord of Golden Farrow. (instead of just 25%)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 12, 2013, 12:09:14 AM »
I know I did good stuff with Allison, but I don't remember the instances that vonGenf and cenrae talked about.  I'm surprised you remember that stuff from way back when.
Simpler things like this are great for player retention. It was simply/insignificant enough for you that you don't even remember it but it greatly impacted the characters and players.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 12, 2013, 12:23:48 AM »
Finally, the vile heathen is brought to justice!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 12, 2013, 01:07:00 AM »
You opportunist convert.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 12, 2013, 01:12:27 AM »
Not to rain on the parade here, but my only interaction with Allison was disappointing.

After knowing all of the hype around her and stuff, once she showed up in Terran it was pretty exciting.

Except that she just ended up being this really not very fun noble who refused to write letters like letters and the player OOC told the whole realm that they did not think they had to use ANY titles or formalities on the SMA continent and was getting OOC upset when our Nobles were getting upset about Allison not doing so.

Myself and a few others really wanted an OOC ban on her for it.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 12, 2013, 01:24:31 AM »
THat's because Terran went into psychotic mode and everyone started flaming her like wild jackals.

Other realms didn't care about her taking shortcuts due to typing on a mobile device, only Terran did.