Author Topic: Allison's Eulogies  (Read 30124 times)

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Allison's Eulogies
« Reply #30: April 12, 2013, 01:30:51 AM »
You should have sided against her and stopped that one...

I couldn't I was leaving Alaska to go hunting with no known internet via phone at that time. Also I made a point way back in Xinhai that Khari would value loyalty above all. She viewed loyalty to Allison and the rest is history.
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 12, 2013, 01:33:03 AM »
THat's because Terran went into psychotic mode and everyone started flaming her like wild jackals.

Other realms didn't care about her taking shortcuts due to typing on a mobile device, only Terran did.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3tv06u/
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 12, 2013, 02:10:50 AM »
She DID plot against us like forever...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 12, 2013, 02:25:17 AM »
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3tv06u/

Other people skip the titles occasionally, and they are not jumped upon. So it was just random flamefest mode that occasionally went on in Terran.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 12, 2013, 02:46:01 AM »
Other people skip the titles occasionally, and they are not jumped upon. So it was just random flamefest mode that occasionally went on in Terran.

Not really, no. It was a reoccurring thing with her, and the player was asked politely to use them and then refused and became upset that we would request that.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 12, 2013, 02:47:32 AM »
Well Aurvandil is happy. That is all.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 12, 2013, 03:17:24 AM »
My only interaction with Allison was her trying to get me to vote a certain way for consul election and karibash said "what in the world could you offer me" and she never responded.

Never really understood how Allison convinced so many nobles to do so many things.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 12, 2013, 03:20:53 AM »
Never really understood how Allison convinced so many nobles to do so many things.

Same way Brom did. Time, Effort, and a 'Forceful' personality.

Edit: I forgot good looks.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 12, 2013, 04:44:23 AM »
Or maybe Mordaunt is grasping at straws because he doesn't like the Farronites?

He doesn't like them or dislike them per se, but perceives them as opportunists who care more about political clout than the church itself.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: April 12, 2013, 04:48:09 AM »
Same way Brom did. Time, Effort, and a 'Forceful' personality.

Edit: I forgot good looks.
Its not like she never bribed people either though.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 12, 2013, 05:15:57 AM »
Its not like she never bribed people either though.

What do you think forceful meant?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: April 12, 2013, 05:32:49 AM »
Allison has always been a polarizing figure. You either loved her or hated her. Eventually both, more often than not.

I always enjoyed having Allison around. She was an exceptionally useful lightning rod. Difficult or impossible to control, yes, but it was possible to channel her efforts to an extent, and she would always end up taking all or most of the heat for anything controversial. Rowan was able to get a lot of dirty deeds done just by letting Allison be Allison and keeping everyone else out of her way when she was after something that furthered his interests. Allison would do all the dirty work and get all the accolades (and infamy) for it, and Rowan got to keep the high ground.

There are very few people who probably had any idea of just how ruthlessly pragmatic Rowan Geronus really was at times. I look back at what I did with him and suspect that his impact on Dwilight is probably under-appreciated.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: April 12, 2013, 05:47:25 AM »
Allison has always been a polarizing figure. You either loved her or hated her. Eventually both, more often than not.

I always enjoyed having Allison around. She was an exceptionally useful lightning rod. Difficult or impossible to control, yes, but it was possible to channel her efforts to an extent, and she would always end up taking all or most of the heat for anything controversial. Rowan was able to get a lot of dirty deeds done just by letting Allison be Allison and keeping everyone else out of her way when she was after something that furthered his interests. Allison would do all the dirty work and get all the accolades (and infamy) for it, and Rowan got to keep the high ground.

There are very few people who probably had any idea of just how ruthlessly pragmatic Rowan Geronus really was at times. I look back at what I did with him and suspect that his impact on Dwilight is probably under-appreciated.

How someone else's eulogy can be about you!
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: April 12, 2013, 05:52:29 AM »
How someone else's eulogy can be about you!
Yeah, that was just great.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 12, 2013, 06:18:29 AM »
Allison was given credit or blame for many things over the years that she had nothing to do with or even had no idea what people were talking about.  She took credit for stuff she didn't do simply because it made her seem bigger than she was.

She was the one who started calling people "Brother" or "Sister"  in SA.  that kinda stuck.  Also, she got SA to be founded in Caiyun instead of Zhongyuan.  Mathurin was Lord of the rural region and was about to found SA and she made sure it had a good founding.  That gold is part of what gave the church a leg up in the beginning. 

There was a rebel way back in the day in Morek.  I wish I could remember his name...   Well,  alleged rebel.  She was judge of Morek and was in the underground to keep an eye out for traitors.  I had it narrowed down to who I /thought/ was in the underground.  I asked them to place their unit as militia and then come to Donghaiwei and I would give them more gold to recruit a better unit.  When they got there I had an infil attack them and then banned them.  By the time they recovered from their wounds the ban had gone into effect and they were arrested in Donghai trying to flee the realm.  She executed them a couple days later. 

I did some ruthless stuff and I wish I could remember it all.  There are lots of good stories associated with Allison. 

Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)