Author Topic: Allison's Eulogies  (Read 30038 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Allison's Eulogies
« Topic Start: April 11, 2013, 05:14:47 PM »
Pierre was my second character, after a first one in Atamara. Morek was dirt poor back then, and it was impossible to get by with the 2-3 gold per week my Ashrak estate gave. Once my starting unit was killed I had no gold, no troops, and not even enough honour to become a courtier. Allison was Duchess then and she handed me gold, but not in a haughty "I'm rich, you're not, now go fight my battles" way I have seen elsewhere. She took the time to know what my character wanted, and helped him achieve it. Sure, she would call back later on to ask for favors when she needed them, but she truly cared in the first place. On an IC level my character always kept a soft spot for her because of that, even when she descended into madness he remembered he would be nothing without her. On an OOC level I knew getting an interaction with Allison may be the best thing to happen to anyone  who may find themselves a bit bored by the game, as she would lead them into the inner circles of power quicker than anywhere else.

This is the end of an era for Dwilight. It's quite sad, really.

Then again, for some reason, I can't get this song out of my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Allison's Eulogies
« Reply #1: April 11, 2013, 07:04:26 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

I lol'ed.

I'm looking forward to watching her descendants in action.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 11, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »
Allison is dead, huh? Wow.

How did it happen?

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 11, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »
Allison is dead, huh? Wow.

How did it happen?

Answers vary. Farronites seem to be insisting they did her in out of their piety and respect of the church, but the truth is likely that they worked out some sort of deal with Allison, to increase their foothold in the church.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 11, 2013, 07:49:19 PM »
Answers vary. Farronites seem to be insisting they did her in out of their piety and respect of the church, but the truth is likely that they worked out some sort of deal with Allison, to increase their foothold in the church.

And they didn't torture her.

Losers.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 11, 2013, 08:03:12 PM »

Er, what? They made a deal with Allison to kill Allison? What, uh, what exactly did Allison get out of it, other than shafted?

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 11, 2013, 08:05:34 PM »
Er, what? They made a deal with Allison to kill Allison? What, uh, what exactly did Allison get out of it, other than shafted?
I don't know. I can speculate, but wouldn't want to on the forums.  ;D there is certainly more than meets the eye.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 11, 2013, 08:07:00 PM »

Maybe Zombie Allison will get the tastiest brains?

Or maybe Mordaunt is grasping at straws because he doesn't like the Farronites?

It's 50-50, really.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 11, 2013, 08:20:48 PM »
Even in death Allison is up to something.   She went down with out a fight.  Is that really like Allison?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 11, 2013, 08:24:54 PM »
It honestly sucks that Allison is dead as she brought about a lot of fun, though at least Alaster from FEI has came right away. (Not to mention my deal is kind of over now with her being dead and all.) Btw, I couldn't stop feeling like you just called basically all the people of Dwilight Munchkins.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 11, 2013, 08:34:28 PM »
now, what is Arya gonna do with the almost 2000 gold bounty?  Does she collect it from an execution?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 11, 2013, 08:57:34 PM »
Btw, I couldn't stop feeling like you just called basically all the people of Dwilight Munchkins.

Not my meaning! But, hey, now I wonder who fits the bill for the Lollipop guild.....

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 11, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »
Yeah i'm going to miss Allison too. She helped me out way back when in Xinhai. Helped me start out as trader. Then actually bought nimhs food for gold instead ofjust demanding I send it via cart.

As for why this came about you won't get that from me in ooc. ;)
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 11, 2013, 09:31:41 PM »
I know I did good stuff with Allison, but I don't remember the instances that vonGenf and cenrae talked about.  I'm surprised you remember that stuff from way back when.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 11, 2013, 09:38:59 PM »
My favorite was when Allison was kidnapped by pirates!  :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.