Author Topic: Seeing your own messages in the message list.  (Read 1562 times)

Gedsaro

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Seeing your own messages in the message list.
« Topic Start: April 14, 2013, 12:31:19 AM »
At times, when looking through recent and past messages that I have sent, and that others have sent me, it would be useful to see my own messages on the same page, in order, in amongst those sent to me.

It would be much easier that looking back and forth between links for all messages I have sent, and the link for messages sent to my self.

Is there an option for this that I am missing?
If not,
Is it something others would find  useful as well?
Would it a feasible feature to request?

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Seeing your own messages in the message list.
« Reply #1: April 14, 2013, 12:37:15 AM »
+1 for this, would have saved me a lot of time when I was building archives for stuff.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 14, 2013, 01:03:54 AM »
Well a better idea would be to simply refine the "new messaging system" so people like it.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 15, 2013, 02:46:52 PM »
Is there an option for this that I am missing?

There is. On the right-hand side of the Messages menu there are three section. The third section, "Search messages" allows you to set your own filters. You can click the radio button to search through both received and sent messages and they will appear in order. You can 'search for text in message' in order to focus the search on a single conversation, or leave all other fields blanks to see all messages in a given time frame.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 15, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »
What vonGenf wrote^

I actually just finished updating this manual page. Feel free to provide feedback or, considering its a wiki, actually improve it yourself. :)

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Message