Author Topic: Sorraine  (Read 23038 times)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sorraine
« Reply #15: April 18, 2013, 05:37:11 PM »
I think you do need a game mechanic to incentivize people in the same way that medieval nobles were incentivized by a, uh, life mechanic.

You could tie it into morale or loyalty (as it already sort of is for region lords) but also battlefield performance. You could tie it into recruitment or recruitment centers: the availability of holy orders. This requires a decentralization of recruiting from 'everybody gets troops in the capital' to 'everybody recruits their own subjects', which has been talked about for a long time but is such a big change that I doubt we'll see it anytime soon.

The trouble is that even with SA on Dwilight, most of its magnates are also secular magnates. You don't have many people whose primary duty is to the church, and even if you did you'd need such people on the local level as well. You need a reason to give a crap not only about the Pope but also the local monasteries and abbeys. Gold and soldiers make for pretty good reasons.

Is this still the case? The CoS lost basically all of its followers, but, as I understand it, all those people are still Sartanists. They just don't hold to the Church.

I would love to make the sCoS an actual player in these things but with the invite to sermon bug I don't see that happening any time soon.