Author Topic: To join realm - Swordfell or D'Hara?  (Read 36027 times)

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: To join realm - Swordfell or D'Hara?
« Reply #30: April 15, 2013, 02:19:14 AM »
If you like D'Hara join the Farronite Republic as they are in bed with each other!
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 15, 2013, 02:25:25 AM »
If you like D'Hara join the Farronite Republic as they are in bed with each other!

I think you'll have to clarify a little. Pretty please.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 15, 2013, 02:42:19 AM »
I think you'll have to clarify a little. Pretty please.

D'Hara's PM is married to FR's GG (Governor General).

Honestly, though, I find FR's ruler to be rather awkward. If I ever set up puppet states, I'll have them have GGs as my lieutenants. As, you know, the british monarchy does in the Commonwealth (for example, Canada has both a Prime Minister and a Governor General, whereas, to my knowledge, Britain does not have a GG, but only the queen).

Both rulers are elected government officials, though, and not monarchs. Any offpsring will therefore be very well off, but not a heir.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 15, 2013, 02:49:18 AM »
D'Hara's PM is married to FR's GG (Governor General).

Honestly, though, I find FR's ruler to be rather awkward. If I ever set up puppet states, I'll have them have GGs as my lieutenants. As, you know, the british monarchy does in the Commonwealth (for example, Canada has both a Prime Minister and a Governor General, whereas, to my knowledge, Britain does not have a GG, but only the queen).

Both rulers are elected government officials, though, and not monarchs. Any offpsring will therefore be very well off, but not a heir.

The D'Haran system of government seems to be more Roman than British to me. Great families of Rome had to work hard to maintain their family prestige, and lost it quite easily, which seems to happen often in the D'Haran clusterbleep.

There is still wide recognition to name though. We are based pretty heavily on personal ties. I think the amount of loyalty a JeVondair/Kye lovechild would command in our neighborhood would be a pretty mighty claim to something mighty.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 15, 2013, 03:07:21 AM »
The D'Haran system of government seems to be more Roman than British to me. Great families of Rome had to work hard to maintain their family prestige, and lost it quite easily, which seems to happen often in the D'Haran clusterbleep.

There is still wide recognition to name though. We are based pretty heavily on personal ties. I think the amount of loyalty a JeVondair/Kye lovechild would command in our neighborhood would be a pretty mighty claim to something mighty.

Of course, when I reference the UK, I'm thinking the UK prior to the House of Commons actually getting any power. It's obviously a mix-mash of different time periods, though, the Magna Carta being of significant inspiration, as well as more modern aspects of it all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #35: April 16, 2013, 10:34:26 PM »
So where did the OP end up going?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 17, 2013, 12:23:37 AM »
So where did the OP end up going?

Travel takes long on Dwilight, coming from Golden Farrow, but I shall join Swordfell soon.  If I do not enjoy myself there, I'll try D'Hara.

Thank you everyone for speaking your minds and aiding in my decision. Sorry that I'm so stubborn that I did not end up chosing a completely different one than the two I had in mind ;)
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 17, 2013, 01:48:21 AM »
Stop by D'Hara on your way, and you'll meet your future Imperator. ;)

After all, D'Hara's Dragon King is about to get married to the Imperator's daughter.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 17, 2013, 01:50:02 AM »
Stop by D'Hara on your way, and you'll meet your future Imperator. ;)

After all, D'Hara's Dragon King is about to get married to the Imperator's daughter.

Yep, D'Harans are great bedfellows!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: April 17, 2013, 01:58:36 AM »
Marrying a D'Hara is so IN, all the cool people are doing it!

Maybe we should start a match-making guild...

No other realm has such a high density of royals or dukes! Top quality husbands and wives for the picking!

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 17, 2013, 02:53:14 AM »
Huzzah! Even if you decide to leave Swordfell, you'll be joining our allies, double huzzah!

I look forward to working with you.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #41: April 17, 2013, 03:34:26 AM »
Marrying a D'Hara is so IN, all the cool people are doing it!

Maybe we should start a match-making guild...

No other realm has such a high density of royals or dukes! Top quality husbands and wives for the picking!

Actually, that is a pretty interesting idea. I wonder how many people would buy into it? I mean, arrange marriages and marriage alliance were big deals back in the day which I feel has been sadly under-played on Dwilight. In fact, the only people I can think of besides Rynn and Khari who are married is that virulent couple, Jonsu and Sevestan.  ;D
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: April 17, 2013, 03:51:00 AM »
D'Hara: Paranoid (and justly so) realm in the middle of everyone, about to get ganked by super powers.
Swordfell: Unstable realm in the middle of two great powers, potential to be ganked at any time by said powers.

!@#$ those pansy realms, they don't even know what underdog means. Join Ohnar West  :P
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

egamma

« Reply #43: April 17, 2013, 05:37:38 AM »
D'Hara is a great "destination wedding" location! Centrally located, and we have thousands of miles of shoreland, so you have your choice of oceanfront honeymoon location!

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 17, 2013, 05:46:28 AM »
Join Luria, be on the winning team!
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.