Author Topic: Gold/Food re-balance  (Read 34758 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Gold/Food re-balance
« Reply #15: April 16, 2013, 12:12:50 AM »
Was only Dwilight changed?

How do we know anything was changed? (As a lord I didn't automatically see anything)

Nothing has changed yet.

As I just posted in the announcement, the display of what the values will be is on testing only for now.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 16, 2013, 12:15:48 AM »
Port Raviel and Port Nebel used to be almost identical, and now Port Nebel is clearly the better city. Any idea how this could be? They are both about the same size, same weather, both coastal, both only adjacent to one townsland by land and 3 cities by sea routes, both with about the same starting gold and food values.

The two most likely factors are population density, and the small amount of pseudorandom noise that was introduced.

I don't know offhand what contributed most; ^ban^ would be the most likely to be able to answer that question in more detail for you.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 16, 2013, 12:34:52 AM »
The two most likely factors are population density, and the small amount of pseudorandom noise that was introduced.

I don't know offhand what contributed most; ^ban^ would be the most likely to be able to answer that question in more detail for you.

Density should be about the same for both, but of course it could just be the random factor.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18: April 16, 2013, 12:47:58 AM »
Both Barca's cities are taking a hit as well. They loose 21% and 23% of their gold income.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 16, 2013, 12:52:46 AM »
Both Barca's cities are taking a hit as well. They loose 21% and 23% of their gold income.

Ours get boosts, just not in any way equal. Port Nebel will actually make more food than Odona, too.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 16, 2013, 12:56:03 AM »
Not sure if this is intended, but I can see the rebalance preview on stable (FEI) as well for the region I'm in.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 16, 2013, 01:05:28 AM »
Density should be about the same for both, but of course it could just be the random factor.
I don't think it is either of those. Its a very large difference that neither of those should have an effect great enough to do.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

« Reply #22: April 16, 2013, 01:35:19 AM »

...Making two of the sorriest cities in the game even more pathetic. Whose got it worse, Barca or Swordfell?

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: April 16, 2013, 01:40:45 AM »
I don't think it is either of those. Its a very large difference that neither of those should have an effect great enough to do.

Original discussions had it such that pop density had a large influence. Of course this was weeks and weeks before the final version.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 16, 2013, 01:44:26 AM »
...Making two of the sorriest cities in the game even more pathetic. Whose got it worse, Barca or Swordfell?

I think that woodlands got crappier overall, but I also think that badlands got it even worse. I'd place my bet on Swordfell being hit hard.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 16, 2013, 01:47:11 AM »
I think that woodlands got crappier overall, but I also think that badlands got it even worse. I'd place my bet on Swordfell being hit hard.

Well the point of this was to balance upon overall game situation, and not for individual realms benefit or harm. So it makes sense that a realm made up primarily of the divides area would be kind of messed up and hard to support a realm.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 16, 2013, 02:33:09 AM »
Well the point of this was to balance upon overall game situation, and not for individual realms benefit or harm. So it makes sense that a realm made up primarily of the divides area would be kind of messed up and hard to support a realm.

A noble of Asylon who had analyzed the economies of the realms said this ' The rich realms got richer and the poor just got poorer.'
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 16, 2013, 02:39:57 AM »
A noble of Asylon who had analyzed the economies of the realms said this ' The rich realms got richer and the poor just got poorer.'

From what I heard and understood, this seems to be the case.

I was just making an observation, not a judgement. I think that Swordfell will lose the most from this change, though I cannot really guess who will gain the most (be it in relative or absolute terms).

Terises Jr.

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 16, 2013, 02:55:17 AM »

+1 only city lord happy, townsland become worse and rural loss gold even they sold their food..  This not fun.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 16, 2013, 03:30:28 AM »
I just did some maths, and it looks like Swordfell actually gains from the change. If my calculations are correct +1308 gold and
+345 food.

I'm surprised, but most of that gain is from Flowrestown <Post-Rebalance Gold:3475 gold (+85%)Post-Rebalance Food:142 bushels (+163%)>. The Divides took a deep hit, but they are depopulated and we can't hold them anyhow....so I guess cool beans. The flow penninsula did pretty well and the rural/woodlands above the Divides seem to have only switched gold and food around some.

Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)