Author Topic: Gold/Food re-balance  (Read 34263 times)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Gold/Food re-balance
« Topic Start: April 15, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »
What do you all think of it?  Any significant changes that surprised you?

For me, I was surprised to see Golden Farrow get such a large income boost.   Why did Giask get none?  was that because it isn't finished yet or is it because of all the cities that are close by?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Gold/Food re-balance
« Reply #1: April 15, 2013, 10:53:20 PM »
Darfix is now officially the wealthiest city in the entire game. I am surprised it got boosted so much. I wonder why is that so.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 15, 2013, 10:54:31 PM »
The values are based on intrinsic properties of the region itself, and not related to the other regions around it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 15, 2013, 11:01:51 PM »
I saw my badlands take a moderate hit, mountains take severe hits, but rurals are going to be making food hand over fist. Flowrestown, somehow, almost doubled gold and food.

I'm ok with it, I suppose. City lords are going to be gilded and rural lords are going to be fat. Although I would have rather seen more gold (looks like a mild loss) in Swordfell than the influx of food (a moderate gain).
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 15, 2013, 11:20:47 PM »
Gaston is going to take a pretty large hit to its gold income of 35%.... I thought cities weren't suppose to be losing so much money in the region update? Or is it because the Sconomy listed there is 'N/A'?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 15, 2013, 11:22:16 PM »
The dev team is still finalizing the numbers. I will be posting an announcement shortly.

Some things may be changed before the rebalance goes live. Others may be changed in the near future afterwards. At this point, it is the intention of the dev team to see that the game is fun for everyone, no matter what region they belong to. We don't like the idea of a region being useless.

Disclaimer: There are different ideas of what "useless" means, and mine may not be the same as yours.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 15, 2013, 11:33:22 PM »
Will max pop change?

I'm not done compiling for D'Hara, but Port Nebel got a nice hike in both values.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 15, 2013, 11:42:58 PM »
Was only Dwilight changed?

How do we know anything was changed? (As a lord I didn't automatically see anything)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 15, 2013, 11:45:44 PM »
Was only Dwilight changed?

How do we know anything was changed? (As a lord I didn't automatically see anything)

Look at region detail pages.

I finished my compilations. D'Hara will be better off overall, the only ones becoming poorer were the ones who were poorer to begin with. I suspect that being coastal (I think it was calculated for food production) helped compensate for the fact that we are mostly cities and townslands. All of our regions are coastal, save for Odona which is river-side.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 15, 2013, 11:48:01 PM »

I finished my compilations. D'Hara will be better off overall, the only ones becoming poorer were the ones who were poorer to begin with. I suspect that being coastal (I think it was calculated for food production) helped compensate for the fact that we are mostly cities and townslands. All of our regions are coastal, save for Odona which is river-side.
Feel like sending that to me?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 15, 2013, 11:54:39 PM »

There are bugs with seeing it.

On Atamara, I can only see my own region, and only immediately after I log-in because I'm standing in it. Other regions in my realm I can't see. I also can't see my own by going to region detail pages.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 15, 2013, 11:59:22 PM »

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 16, 2013, 12:03:37 AM »
Darfix is now officially the wealthiest city in the entire game. I am surprised it got boosted so much. I wonder why is that so.

Barely. Which means it is not the current wealthiest city in the entire game, due to its current population.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 16, 2013, 12:06:46 AM »
Will max pop change?

In general, no.

However, there are a very few outlier values that we're looking at tweaking max pop to compensate for.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 16, 2013, 12:12:29 AM »
In general, no.

However, there are a very few outlier values that we're looking at tweaking max pop to compensate for.

Port Raviel and Port Nebel used to be almost identical, and now Port Nebel is clearly the better city. Any idea how this could be? They are both about the same size, same weather, both coastal, both only adjacent to one townsland by land and 3 cities by sea routes, both with about the same starting gold and food values.