Author Topic: Rebalance Clarifications  (Read 15350 times)

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
  • Conan must truly be Conan The Destroyer..
    • View Profile
Re: Rebalance Clarifications
« Reply #30: April 22, 2013, 03:36:18 PM »
Well, that's Fronens fault for concentrating the power so. Rebel/protest those greedy slobs out of their posts.
That why I can't accept this.. Wudenkin: 6 vote so he can easily  vote for her second noble for lordship of ippetimbal.. After rebalance, he will open 3,4 estate so he will have max plus ippetimbal : 12 vote..
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 22, 2013, 03:48:34 PM »
But that's not the fault of the rebalance. And I believe Lord Elections are 1 vote per Lord, not Representative Voting. You're also assuming the player cannot separate his characters. Besides, if you IC don't like a family having so much power, do something about it.

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 22, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
But that's not the fault of the rebalance. And I believe Lord Elections are 1 vote per Lord, not Representative Voting. You're also assuming the player cannot separate his characters. Besides, if you IC don't like a family having so much power, do something about it.
I believe lordship election are Representative Voting.. But if food/gold rebalance approved this week or next week, I will accept.. We player.. Let the dev team do their work..
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 22, 2013, 04:38:05 PM »
The rebalance does not, and will not, take realms into consideration when balancing region stats. We don't even look at what realm owns a region. It is completely irrelevant.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 22, 2013, 06:49:52 PM »
No need to look at realm borders. They can, and in my opinion should, change after the rebalance is complete.

Faulcon_deLacy

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 23, 2013, 10:29:17 AM »
I believe lordship election are Representative Voting.. But if food/gold rebalance approved this week or next week, I will accept.. We player.. Let the dev team do their work..
As has been said, if you don't like it then take your complaints to the ruler.  And if you still get nowhere then find enough support to rebel or leave the realm.

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 23, 2013, 02:48:06 PM »
As has been said, if you don't like it then take your complaints to the ruler.  And if you still get nowhere then find enough support to rebel or leave the realm.
Judge of Fronen: my character Arianna.. Why she should leave Fronen?
she will bring glory to Fronen.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 23, 2013, 02:51:03 PM »
Judge of Fronen: my character Arianna.. Why she should leave Fronen?
she will bring glory to Fronen.

The point is, if you don't like your land, then conquer new land. If your ruler doesn't let you, get a new ruler. If your realm won't replace him, then get a new realm.

If you either don't want to or can't do any of those things, you must not dislike your land all that much.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 23, 2013, 02:51:56 PM »
Is there any rethinking about the general gold loss of small cities in Dwilight? I know they want to make the medium and big cities just better in general so people will greatly covet being lord of such a region, but aren't small cities suppose to be at least worthy targets as well? It depressing to see wealthy townsland regions that will have more gold then you as well as even more self-sufficient in food then the small cities. Its not like these cities are shown to be some sort of ruin after all.

If nothing else, small cities should at least have very high efficiency in estates, due to compact nature of their size and all.

We have been looking at this, and we think that there may be a tweak needed in the rebalance. We are not yet sure, but we are definitely looking into it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Daimall

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: April 23, 2013, 07:50:14 PM »
We have been looking at this, and we think that there may be a tweak needed in the rebalance. We are not yet sure, but we are definitely looking into it.

Thank you for your response. As long as something is being considered, I'm satsified.

Menethil

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 27, 2013, 07:05:24 PM »
I've been looking at the tweaks what they will do.

Right now Big Cities only flaw compared to smaller ones is they consume alot more food then small cities to produce maybe twice the gold.  If you take Ibladesh city it was consuming 10 times the food and producing 3 times more gold then a small city.  Now when it comes to rebalancing this rebalancing is actually making the game completely unbalanced since penalties of based on regions owned NOT population.

There are regions like Bursa and Zamor on EC that are going to be completely worthless under the current numbers as that extra region could mean a reduction of 1% in tax rate and if it produces sub 100 gold whats the point in even keeping it when you likely lose 1-2K from all other regions by keeping it.

Basically I dont think the rebalance will work unless overall region populations are tweaked to be closer together or regions are simply brought back into line to be closer together.  Just the way things currently are its much better to go for the biggers regions with more gold and more food and leave the smaller ones out.  Definately hope that the rebalancing things get worked through alot more before they go live because atm I feel its highly unbalanced on high population regions.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: April 27, 2013, 08:29:10 PM »
I've been looking at the tweaks what they will do.

Right now Big Cities only flaw compared to smaller ones is they consume alot more food then small cities to produce maybe twice the gold.  If you take Ibladesh city it was consuming 10 times the food and producing 3 times more gold then a small city.  Now when it comes to rebalancing this rebalancing is actually making the game completely unbalanced since penalties of based on regions owned NOT population.

I presume by this you mean the realm-size penalties?

That's actually an interesting thought, and might be worth pursuing: rather than basing realm-size penalties on regions owned, they should be based on some combination of population controlled and total land area controlled.

Would this alleviate your concerns?
Timothy Collett

Menethil

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: April 28, 2013, 01:15:22 PM »
Its not really a concern its just an obvious flaw already in the current system where having big lands with alot of population is better than maintaining the small ones simply because of the maintaining higher tax rate.  Just for game balance I think its better especially since large regions (which are already better) are receiving additional boosts without there being any flaws for them.

egamma

« Reply #43: April 28, 2013, 09:46:15 PM »
rather than basing realm-size penalties on regions owned, they should be based on some combination of population controlled and total land area controlled.

Would this alleviate your concerns?

Ooh, I like that a lot. After all, land doesn't rebel--people do.

Zakilevo

« Reply #44: April 28, 2013, 10:18:43 PM »
Ooh, I like that a lot. After all, land doesn't rebel--people do.

Not in BM. Land is alive ;)