Author Topic: Blue Collars Represent!  (Read 4663 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Blue Collars Represent!
« Topic Start: April 14, 2011, 01:58:11 AM »
Since it seems that most people around here are, or are studying to become, white collars - or desk jockeys as I call them - I decided to start a search for any of my fellow blue collar workers around here. So if you represent your economy's backbone through manual labor, this is the place to shout out.

Currently I'm working as a 'warehouse operator' which is a fancy term for driving around in a cart all day and preparing industrial sized orders of various food items for transporting to hospitals, schools, government offices, prisons, etc. Think pallets with 30-40 crates of 6 half-gallon bottles or water, or trays of 24 soda cans stacked 8 deep and 16 high. I get to drive around in one of these all day, which is more fun than it seems, especially when theres about 20 others zooming around the warehouse at the same time. So if you're ever in prison in Belgium, remember, I handled your milk!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:00:35 AM by Sacha »

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
Re: Blue Collars Represent!
« Reply #1: April 14, 2011, 03:04:58 AM »
So if you're ever in prison in Belgium, remember, I handled your milk!

Mental note: Don't go to prison in Belgium.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 14, 2011, 03:11:56 AM »
50% of my time is spent working in and around Sewage. Granted it wasn't the smartest place to locate my desk but my particular white collar job is a bit on the nose.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 15, 2011, 11:26:42 AM »
90 % of my time is spent at a desk but I have to admit that on those rare occasions where what I have to do involves using a screwdriver or a soldering iron, I tend to get back home much happier.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 16, 2011, 03:01:24 AM »
I'm a stucco worker. I mix the mud, shovel the mud, then spread the mud on the wall of your house. When the houses get to be more than two storeys it can be quite difficult building the scaffolding and hauling the mud to the higher levels. Although the pay is good, this is the perfect opportunity to break your back, arm, shoulder etc!

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 16, 2011, 09:28:32 AM »
Work?  Eeew! Only commoners do that! 

(Where is the vulgarity button?)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 17, 2011, 01:51:05 PM »
Don't forget it's us 'commoners' who mined and refined the materials for your inadequate jewelry.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 17, 2011, 05:43:28 PM »
Heehee.  ;D

Actually, I'm paid by the government to do research in education/psychology/cognition.  I'm not sure what colour my collar is, as I mostly wear t-shirts.  And my jewelry is mostly plastic.  But hey! One can dream.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 20, 2011, 02:27:42 AM »
Although I'm only 19, my parents are certainly blue collar and I understand what it's like to just get by. I personally grew up on an island off the coast of Maine, USA. We lived ina  log cabin in the middle of the wood, off the grid, and were all organic hippies. What I will be in the future is.. unpredictable.   :)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 20, 2011, 03:08:37 AM »
Although I'm only 19, my parents are certainly blue collar and I understand what it's like to just get by. I personally grew up on an island off the coast of Maine, USA. We lived ina  log cabin in the middle of the wood, off the grid, and were all organic hippies. What I will be in the future is.. unpredictable.   :)

It is rather inaccurate to assume that blue collar works earn less then white collar workers. I as a professional and certified engineer earn somewhere between 50%-75% of what the electricians I manage earn. The pain of being on a salary and earning no overtime.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.